Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
New CIO at EPA; GSA gets another OMB detailee.
Last month the Homeland Security Department published its updated National Infrastructure Protection Plan, a governmentwide framework for securing critical infrastructure on a wide scale. The aim of the updated plan is to make all sectors of critical infrastructure more "resilient" -- better able to absorb and recover from natural disasters, terrorist attacks, cyber intrusions and other adverse conditions.
Phyllis Schneck, the deputy undersecretary for cybersecurity at DHS, said the department will release a voluntary cyber program on Feb. 14 as part of the deliverables under President Barack Obama's 2013 Executive Order. Schneck said among her top priorities is to continue to build a trust relationship with the assorted public and private sector stakeholders.
Rafael Borras, the undersecretary for management at the Homeland Security Department, is stepping down after almost four years on the job.
The departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security account for 94 percent of the growth in the number of civilian employees within the federal workforce, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office.
Union and CBP officials call for reform of outdated OT pay system, saying the purpose of Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime was misinterpreted.
Senate lawmakers won out over the debate about whether or not to merge the E-Government Fund with the Federal Citizen Services Fund. DHS also receives $166 million for cybersecurity programs in the fiscal 2014 spending bill.
GSA made the first set of awards under the continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) contract.
Charlie Bartoldus retired from federal service after almost 35 years.
McCormack will help bridge the political and career technology managers, especially as the Obama administration and Congress take on IT and acquisition reform in the wake of the HealthCare.gov debacle.
Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.), the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency, released a majority staff report that questioned the planning and future efficacy of the Homeland Security Department consolidating its headquarters at the St. Elizabeths campus in D.C.
The Government Accountability Office in a recent report found the requirement for agencies to report data breaches to the Homeland Security Department within one hour of discovering the incident is of little value.
In his nomination hearing before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Wednesday, John Roth, currently the director of the Food and Drug Administration's Office of Criminal Investigations, said he aimed to turn around employee morale in the IG's office, which has been rocked by allegations of misconduct by the former acting head of the office. Roth, whose nomination has garnered near-universal support from both Republican and Democratic members of the committee.
The Homeland Security Department will likely miss its 2015 deadline for modernizing the system it uses to screen foreigners entering the U.S.
The Homeland Security Department told the Government Accountability Office it is taking corrective action by re-reviewing proposals after 46 unsuccessful bidders protested their exclusion from the largest portion of the $22 billion IT services contract.
The Homeland Security Department upgraded its Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) last year with new security and identity management features. The growing acceptance and use of standards is making it easier for state, local, tribal government and other partners to securely access law enforcement data.
Margie Graves, the co-chairwoman of the Innovation Committee and deputy CIO at the Homeland Security Department, said the committee is focusing on three areas: Open data, data analytical tools and public-private partnerships to help agencies improve mission outcomes.
December 26, 2013
SBA, OPM have new CIOs as the carousel in government IT spins once again.
Senate confirms Mayorkas to No. 2 at Homeland Security Department
Special agents of them Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office of Homeland Security Investigations recovered the missing diary of prominent Nazi official Alfred Rosenberg, following a lengthy investigation.