Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Departments of the Navy, Agriculture and Energy are asking industry how best to spend $510 million on the future of biofuels. They are leaning on a 1950 law that lets the government pour cash into defense-critical industries.
The United States can't lead the world in the 21st century with its current energy policy, Vice President Joe Biden told alternative technology supporters Tuesday at a clean energy summit in Las Vegas.
A new Office of Personnel Management report showed that agency use of recruitment, relocation and retention incentives rose 22 percent in 2009, the Obama administration's first year. That's a slower rate of growth than in previous years. But it indicates that the government still relies on one-time payments to lure or keep nurses, engineers and others with needed skills.
On today's Federal Drive: in Hurricane Irene's aftermath, some federal buildings are closed because of power outages, the Energy Department is guaranteeing loans for a solar power project and the National Transportation Safety Board is studying experimental aircraft.
Judy Marks, the head of Siemens' U.S. federal business unit, joined the Federal Drive to discuss her firm's partnership with Boeing to manage the Defense Department's micro-grid.
Diane Cochran has worked in the Departments of the Navy, Air Force, Energy, and the Office of Personnel Management, at a variety of locations in the continental United States and abroad. She shares what it's like to make the transition to working and living in D.C.
Jeff Baker works for the Energy Department in Golden, Colo. He said good communication between headquarters and the field starts by understanding, listening, learning and remembering why each employee is at the agency in the first place.
Pete Tseronis, Chief Technology Officer of the Energy Department, shares his ideas on innovation and leadership in tough budget times.
Two chief human capital officers say Millenials - people born in 1980 or later - bring passion and enthusiasm to the federal workplace but also require guidance and mentorship.
An Energy department lab is still offline 10 days after a major hack attack. Learn more in today's cybersecurity update
The government's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory has suffered a cyber attack.
The Defense Department says it's committed to changing both the way it uses energy and the kinds of energy the military uses.
Energy sells helium-3 faster than NNSA can collect it. What this means, and why it's a problem, is explained for us by GAO's Dr. Timothy Persons.
Contractors may cost more than you think. The Energy Department is finding that out the hard way. Mark Gaffigan is the Managing Director for Natural Resources and Environment Issues at GAO.
CIO Rosio Alvarez said she soon will release a RFP to move the lab's ERP system to the cloud. Berkeley already moved its email to the cloud.
A new bill for saving energy and money for your agency. Senator Tom Carper (D-Del.) explains it.
Two prominent lawmakers think the Energy Department should have authority to order action during a cyber attack on the electrical grid.
Pete Tseronis, the chief technology officer at the Department of Energy, tells Federal News Radio federal data centers will start to look a lot like Facebook.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra expects GSA to issue a solicitation by May 10 for a $2.5 billion contract for email-as-a-service. It's part of how the administration wants agencies to move to cloud computing. Kundra said five of seven short-term IT reforms efforts are on track.