Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Josh Stephens, vice president of Technology at J&J Solarwinds, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with common cloud issues.
February 7, 2012
The agency moved 25,000 employees to Google apps for email and collaboration in the cloud. CIO Joe Klimavicz said GSA's experience was crucial in making their transition go on time and on budget.
Host John Gilroy is joined by Oracle Group Vice President and Chief Technologist Peter Doolan. They will discuss new "Big Data" software developed by the company.
January 31, 2012
Richard Spires said the Homeland Security Department has more than 130 human resources systems and that's too many. He said an intra agency group recently completed a segment architecture of HR technology to figure out where they can consolidate systems and find savings.
January 26, 2012
Guident Executive Vice President Dan Ackerman and Senior Vice President Ken Raffel join host John Gilroy to talk about how business intelligence is changing.
January 24, 2012
The Census Bureau has moved a large cache of files from its AmericanFactFinder system into a new setup.
The University of Maryland's CIO Certificate program focuses on teaching its students to meet the challenges of management and leadership. The certificate program is one of several affiliated with GSA's CIO University.
January 19, 2012
Host John Gilroy will talk cloud computing with David Blankenhorn, the chief cloud technologist at DLT Solutions.
January 17, 2012
Host John Gilroy will talk cloud computing with Tony Bardo, assitant vice president for Government Solutions at Hughes.
January 10, 2012
John Wonderlich of the Sunlight Foundation talks about his organization's review of the Open Government Directive. How well have agencies complied with mandate?
Dan Saaty of Decision Lens joins host John Gilroy to discuss how prioritization software can help your agency.
December 13, 2011(Encore presentation December 27, 2011)
The DoD Cyber Command poked and prodded the Army Corps' Los Angeles district's network during a recent Command Cyber Readiness Inspection. Army Corps of Engineers CIO Bob Kazimer said the analysis will give the rest of the agency lessons learned to improve cybersecurity across the Corps.
December 15, 2011
For the past year, the Library of Congress has been working with Twitter in a transfer of the company's entire electronic data set. Library's digital director sees this as a "unique record of our time."
How exactly does an agency store a tweet? And how do agencies know when the latest 140-character mini-message rises to the level of a permanently valuable historical record? A new Presidential memo tasks the National Archives and Records Administration with answer these social-media stumpers.
Host John Gilroy is joined by CNSI Senior Vice President Shaliesh Patel. They will discuss the challenges in helping citizens get more involved in their own healthcare.
November 29, 2011(Encore presentation December 20, 2011)
NARA's chief records officer, Paul Wester, gives a peek of a governmentwide framework for managing electronic records.
In a new memo, President Barack Obama tasked agencies with reviewing their policies for storing and managing electronic communications, including emails and social media postings. Agencies must submit reviews of their current policies in 120 days. Meanwhile, the National Archives and Records Administration plans to develop a governmentwide framework.
Host John Gilroy is joined by AirPatrol Corporation CTO Tom Kellermann. They will discuss how to control data leakage from mobile devices.
November 22, 2011
Host Mark Amtower is joined by David Shea, director of GSA's Office of Charge Card Management. They will discuss how agencies use the SmartPay 2 charge card program.
November 21, 2011(Encore presentation December 12, 2011)
Acting CIO Howard Hays said the agency is taking advantage of the work VA is doing to update its systems. Indian Health Services borrows heavily from VA's VistA electronic health records system.
November 17, 2011(Encore presentation December 29, 2011)