Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
An update to the Federal Information Security Management Act and the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2013 passed through the House Tuesday night. The Cybersecurity Information Sharing and Protection Act also passed, but faces a veto threat because of concerns over data protection.
Phillip Soloweszyk, director of Identity and Windows Consulting Services for Quest Software, will discuss identity management.
APril 16, 2013
Bill Cull, vice president Public Sector for Splunk, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you monitor and manage your IT systems.
April 9, 2013
Russ Pittman, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's chief information officer and director of the Division of IT, said he asked for a technology budget that is eight percent less in 2013 because the agency completed several large scale projects.
April 4, 2013
Collaboration and a better way to measure risk emerge as the two main factors in developing a more integrated approach to protecting critical infrastructure systems and networks. At the first of four workshops, NIST got the lowdown from owners and operators as well as information sharing centers on what's working and what needs to be at the forefront as the framework is developed.
Doctor Doug Fridsma, chief science officer for HHS's Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, will discuss how interoperability will make it easier to share health information.
April 2, 2013
Rick Kerestesy and Doug Berry from the Ambit Group discuss how federal CIO's can effectively enact and manage change.
March 22, 2013
Doug Charles, president and CEO of Capgemini Government Solutions, joins host John Gilroy to discuss how change management applies to information technology, and where IT changes are headed.
March 19. 2013
Tony Varano, founder and CEO of DSG, joins host John Gilroy to discuss how to improve healthcare data collection.
March 12, 2013
Mary Givvines, deputy director of Information Services at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how the agency's open government initiatives.
March 5, 2013
President Obama's recent executive order directing that cyber threat information be shared more broadly with the private sector risks making the data less useful to the intelligence agencies that gather and process it. But the risk is worth the potential reward.
Lola Jordan and Fred Rowell from Companion Data Centers will discuss data center consolidation, cloud computing, social media, and more.
February 12, 2013
The two departments are looking for "quick wins" in their integrated health-record strategy, aiming to bring the most important capabilities online three years early.
The Food and Drug Administration's new Information Management Strategic plan is helping to create a new infrastructure to support using data to meet its mission.
January 24, 2013
Susie Adams, Microsoft's chief technical officer for Federal Sales joins host John Gilroy to discuss four surprising facts about Microsoft and the federal government.
January 22, 2013
The White House reaffirmed its commitment to an open and transparent government in President Barack Obama's second term. But government watchdog advocates say their frustration is growing with the slow and inconsistent progress agencies are making to make information more easily available.
OMB and NIST are seeking help from industry and academia on how to integrate cloud computing and the large amount of information that is created from mobile computing. The goal is not just to know what data agencies have, but the value the data brings. With all this focus on cloud and big data integration, could agencies be on the hook for a new "big data" strategy?
Robert Coen, acting program director for NITAAC, discusses the state of the IT acquisition market with host Roger Waldron.
January 15, 2013 (Encore presentation February 12, 2013)
IT Lab Director Charles Romine said the organization collaborates with an ever-growing number of agencies on technology challenges. He said the Lab also is focusing on questions around cloud, cybersecurity, mobile computing and big data.
January 10, 2013
Rick Swanson, principal and mHealth Federal Health Lead from Deloitte, joins host John Gilroy to talk about mobile healthand how it can help cuts costs at your agency.
January 8, 2013