Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mary Nicholas and Jim Moyer from the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation will discuss how to improve outcomes and reduce costs in healthcare IT.
August 27, 2013
The Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency each put their respective Freedom of Information Act systems in a private-sector cloud. HUD said it's saving as much as 25 percent a year as compared to its in-house system. OCC said it's answering requests more quickly and effectively.
SecureKey Technologies will build a portal in the cloud to handle the identity management process and connect one username or password or digital certificate to many services. The contract is worth $15.1 million over three years.
Gary Washington, the chief information officer of the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, said having a better understanding of its portfolio will ease the transition to new technologies.
August 15, 2013
Todd Sanders, senior partner and Enterprise Data architect at ITOTS Networks, LLC, joins host John Gilroy to discuss a wide range of technology issues.
August 13, 2013
The council is restructuring to match the Obama administration's technology priorities for innovation, governance and cybersecurity. It will now operate with three main committees instead of five.
Kim Hancher, the chief information officer at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, will hsare her ideas on mobile device management
August 6, 2013
The Court of Federal Claims ruled against CenturyLink in its protest of the Interior's Cloud Foundation contract. This was CenturyLink's third unsuccessful protest of the multiple award contract.
IBM says SEC looking into how it reports sales for its cloud-computing business
In part two of our examination of cloud computing in the federal government, Dave McClure with the General Services Administration, and Edwin Elmore and Mark Lambdin with Cisco Systems in Washington, provide a report card on cloud computing. How are industry and government meeting the challenges of security, acquisitions and 'big data' when it comes to the cloud? And what do government and industry expect from each other when it comes to the business of cloud computing?
Tony Celeste, director of Federal Sales at Brocade, will discuss best practices for designing a data center, and making it flexible enough to meet your agency's needs.
July 23, 2013
Steve Charles, one of the co-founder of the immixGroup, will give listeners insight on how electronic problems can impact federal security.
July 16, 2013
The Department of Health and Human Services will release a solicitation for email-as-a-service this summer.
July 11, 2013
Alex Grohmann and John Dyson from the Northern Virginia Chapter of the Informations Systems Security Association, join host John Gilroy to talk about what you can do to make your agency more secure.
July 9, 2013
The Defense Information Systems Agency is targeting the third or fourth quarter of 2014 for full operational capability of its cloud broker service. DoD components will use automated tools to choose cloud computing services from DoD, other agencies or private providers.
Aquilent's Mark Pietrasanta and Sean Fitzpatrick, join host John Gilroy to discuss what federal agencies can do to make their websites more user friendly.
July 2, 2013
Mark Day, GSA's director of the Office of Strategic Programs in the Federal Acquisition Service, said the Homeland Security Department and one other large agency have signed up for the short-term pilot.
June 27, 2013
Greg Garcia, the director of the Army's IT Agency, said the organization has been piloting a virtualized desktop initiative and almost is ready to move into full production.
Dan Juengst, senior cloud strategist for Red Hat discusses how his company is helping federal agencies with their cloud computing needs.
June 11, 2013
Darren Ash, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's CIO, said the agency is reviewing vendor responses to a sources sought notice in preparation to move systems to the cloud. NRC employees also are piloting mobile devices.
June 5, 2013