Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
New IRS head says he is committed to restoring 'broken' trust in agency after tea party storm
Welcome to sequestration, which is currently the world's longest-running interactive game show starring you, your granny, and all your friends and neighbors, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. The question is: Are you having fun yet?
The revelations of improper targeting of conservative groups by the Internal Revenue Service has so far been isolated to lower-level offices. But the former head of the IRS says an overall failure of leadership must be corrected if the embattled agency wants to rebuild its reputation. Mark Everson, head of the IRS under George W. Bush, told Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp President Barack Obama should appoint a permanent IRS commissioner.
Acting Commissioner Danny Werfel requested Grams come back to the IRS for a third stint and leave his current role as the executive-in-charge in the Office of Management and chief financial officer at the Veterans Affairs Department.
The Internal Revenue Service named David Fisher as its new chief risk officer on Tuesday.
IRS replaces official who supervised agents involved in targeting tea party groups
The Department of Housing and Urban Development, Internal Revenue Service, Office of Management and Budget and the Environmental Protection Agency will all shut down Friday because of widespread employee furloughs — giving feds a four-day holiday weekend. The Labor and Interior Departments also are telling employees to stay home.
IRS official in targeting probe says she did nothing wrong _ then says no more, taking the 5th
For many people involved in the alleged scandals at the Justice Department and the Internal Revenue Service, the solution is simple: Off with their heads. Fire the offenders whether they are political appointees or career civil servants. But this isn't Paris in 1789, it's Washington in 2013 so things will go a little slower, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
IRS official who runs division that targeted tea party groups to take the 5th before Congress
White House chief of staff Denis McDonough and other senior advisers knew in late April that an impending report was likely to say the IRS had inappropriately targeted conservative groups.
When a newspaper reporter fakes a story, we are outraged. When a network TV show gets it wrong, we are stunned. But we tend to forget, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But when a handful of government workers go rogue, maybe on orders from their political bosses, the entire workforce is tainted for a long, long time.
Investigator says he told top Treasury officials of IRS probe in June of campaign year 2012
Obama picks senior White House budget official to run troubled IRS as 2nd top official leaves
President Barack Obama has appointed senior White House budget officer Daniel Werfel to be acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, a White House official says.
After conferring with leaders in the Treasury Department, President Obama announced Wednesday the departure of Acting IRS Commissioner Steven Miller.
Atty Gen Holder orders probe into IRS targeting of conservative groups for extra tax scrutiny
Justice investigating IRS targeting of tea party; government watchdog blames lax management
Terry Milholland, chief information officer at the Internal Revenue Service, joins host John Gilroy to talk about the agency's Customer Account Data Engine.
May 14, 2013
Carney: White House counsel's office knew of review of IRS office 3 weeks ago, but not Obama