Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
If you're a federal employee with questions about taxes or benefits, you'll want to listen to this show.
February 7, 2011
Federal News Radio senior correspondent Mike Causey offers some last-minute tips for open season.
Buying a health plan simply because it has low premiums can be a big mistake unless: you have been dropped from your parents federal health plan; you are the ex-spouse of a federal worker or retiree or you are currently piggybacking on your nonfederal spouses health insurance. In that case, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, expensive can still be cheap.
Federal health benefits expert Walton Francis explains what feds need to do in the last week leading up to the open season deadline.
Open Season 2010 is quickly coming to a close. December 13 is the last day for feds to make changes to their health care plans. David Snell from the National Active & Retired Federal Employees group joins us to talk about the best health plan deals for feds and retirees.
December 8, 2010
December 13 is the final day feds can make changes to their health care plans so tune in for some last minute advice. Colleen Murphy of Asparity Decision Solutions and Al Schubert with VSP are the guests.
December 13, 2010
Picking the right health plan next year is important if you are 30 and healthy. But if you are over 55 or retired it could be a matter of financial life-or-death. And your health insurance hunting season ends next Monday. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey lists the best buys for retirees.
With one week left to shop for health insurance you still have time to save yourself a lot of money next year or do nothing and maybe live to regret it. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's got some tips on getting the best deal.
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott welcome back Walton Francis, Editor, Checkbook Guide to the Health Plans for Federal Employees to discuss health plan cost changes this open season.
December 6, 2010
Walt Francis, editor of Checkbook's Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees, joins FEDtalk to discuss the major changes for federal employees to their FEHBP health, vision and dental plans.
December 3, 2010
Next year you'll be asked to pay 2011 health premiums using your frozen 2010 pay check. That will mean an actual drop in income unless, as Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, you pick up a bargain health plan between now and December 13.
The proposed federal pay freeze has left feds with a lot of questions. We get an update from Jessica Klement with the Federal Managers Association. Walton Francis also joins us for a look at the best health plans for you this open season.
December 1, 2010
Anchor Amy Morris and Senior Correspondent Mike Causey welcome Colleen Murphy and Walton Francis for a Federal News Radio Discussion on the FEHBP Open Season.
Our discussion on open season continues with Walt Wilson and Pam Cummings from SAMBA Federal Employee Benefit Association.
November 29, 2010
Tom Bernatavitz, head of Federal Plans for Aetna, joins hosts Tammy Flanagan and Bob Leins to discuss Aetna's health benefit plans for federal employees.
November 22, 2010
There are lots of ways you can reduce your medical tab next year, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, including checking out some FEHBP plans you may never have heard of.
What are the best family plans? What's a consumer driven plan? Our open season coverage continues this week with more from expert Walton Francis.
November 17, 2010 (Encore presentation November 24, 2010)
If you are looking only at premiums during the current health insurance hunting season you are missing a big part of the story, according to Senior Correspondent Mike Causey. Today we look at overall best buys for federal workers and retirees.
John Patrick, Director of Sales and Account Management for FEHB, and Jeff Goldman, Executive Director of Government Programs for Kaiser Permanente join For Your Benefit for a discussion on Open Season.
November 15, 2010