Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Van Hitch, senior advisor for Deloitte's Federal Practice, and former Justice Department CIO, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about how cloud computing, mobile technology, and other IT advances can help your agency become more efficient.
February 4, 2014
West Health's Kerry McDermott, and the Office of Science and Technology's chief science officer, Dr. Douglas Fridsma, will discuss this week's Healthcare Innovation Day, and new developments in healthcare interoperability.
February 4, 2014
Brian Ahier, president of Advanced Health Information Exchange Resources, discusses the state of the healthcare IT system and how to use technology to improve it.
January 28, 2014
The newest industry technology association is recruiting new members and contributing to the discussion to improve federal IT acquisition. But in the short term, ITAPS faces a court decision on Feb. 7 whether the lawsuit filed by TechAmerica against it and three employees goes forward.
Dolly Oberoi, CEO of C2-Technolgies, will discuss online training and how the federal government can use it to reduce costs and improve benefits.
January 21, 2014
Ravee Kurian and David Blackburn from Sapient will discuss how federal agencies can implement digital strategies to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
January 14, 2014
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and CIO of the Defense Health Agency, joined Federal News Radio for an online chat on Monday, Jan. 13. View the archived discussion now.
We often look at organizations and wonder why they are burdened with overhead not relevant to the current world in which we live. Often it is found to be the cures for past sins and overreactions to those sins says former federal exec Bob Woods.
Charles Caldwell, director of Solutions Engineering at LogiAnalytics, will discuss how his company can help your agency with data management.
January 7, 2014
The Homeland Security Department told the Government Accountability Office it is taking corrective action by re-reviewing proposals after 46 unsuccessful bidders protested their exclusion from the largest portion of the $22 billion IT services contract.
Karen Terrell, with the SAS Institute, will discuss how her company can help your agency manage its data.
December 31, 2013
Margie Graves, the co-chairwoman of the Innovation Committee and deputy CIO at the Homeland Security Department, said the committee is focusing on three areas: Open data, data analytical tools and public-private partnerships to help agencies improve mission outcomes.
December 26, 2013
Terry Verigan, vice president of CompuCure, will discuss best practices for small businesses that do work for the federal government.
December 24, 2013
Federal News Radio surveyed more than a dozen current and former federal officials about what technology and acquisition stories stood out last year.
Kevin Kelly, CEO of LGS Innovations, will discuss how his company can help improve network security at your agency.
December 17, 2013
Paul Christman, vice president Public Sector at Dell Software, discusses how his company can help you solve identity management issues at your agency.
December 10, 2013
The Obama administration's second Open Government National Action Plan introduces 23 new or expanded commitments to open government, including measures to strengthen whistleblower protections and improve the declassification process.
Two key contributors to the 1996 Clinger-Cohen Act say there is nothing wrong with the current IT management laws. Agencies and Congress just need to improve how they implement and enforce the IT management directives set out by the law. The Senate is expected to pass the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act next week.
Mehul Sanghani and Jeremy Kolonay, from the Octo Consulting Group will discuss agile software development with host John Gilroy.
December 3, 2013
Sen. Jean Shaheen (D-N.H.) introduced an amendment to the upper chamber's version of the Defense Authorization Act that closely mirrors the House's Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act. The House passed its version in June. The White House still hasn't officially weighed in on FITARA.