Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Angel Santa, the deputy CIO at the Office of Justice Programs, said an acquisition is possible in the coming months for a wireless network as part of an effort to make employees more mobile ready.
March 20, 2014
Al Sloane program manager from the Department of Labor's benefits.gov site, and Atacan Donmez, senior director at eGlobal Tech, discuss this year's excellence in government awards.
March 18, 2014
Agencies must use only cloud services that have been approved under the Federal Risk Authorization and Management Program (FedRAMP) by June. OMB will receive more details on agency progress with the latest quarterly update through PortfolioStat. Meanwhile, FedRAMP's security baseline will be revised this summer.
Randy Wood, federal vice president of F5 Networks will discuss how Software Defined Application Services or SDAS, can benefit your agency.
February 25, 2014
Annette Moore, the chief information officer at the Johnson Space Center, said she's reshaping her office to be more flexible and agile in meeting the IT needs of the mission areas.
February 20, 2014
Van Hitch, senior advisor for Deloitte's Federal Practice, and former Justice Department CIO, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about how cloud computing, mobile technology, and other IT advances can help your agency become more efficient.
February 4, 2014
West Health's Kerry McDermott, and the Office of Science and Technology's chief science officer, Dr. Douglas Fridsma, will discuss this week's Healthcare Innovation Day, and new developments in healthcare interoperability.
February 4, 2014
A new white paper from SafeGov recommended ways for agencies to move to an integrated cloud and cyber approach and away from one that is fragmented and ad hoc in many respects. Karen Evans, a co-author of the report and a former Office of Management and Budget administrator for e-government and IT, said agencies need a clearer picture of how this integration could happen.
The Defense Information Systems Agency says an eventual commercial cloud buy probably won't be bundled into a single contract vehicle, but in the meantime, DoD needs to work through challenges involving security, approval policy and network operations.
The platform, called Acropolis, is initially being used only for network operations and cybersecurity data, but officials plan to expand it to help solve big data challenges around financial and acquisition information.
Ravee Kurian and David Blackburn from Sapient will discuss how federal agencies can implement digital strategies to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
January 14, 2014
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller joins host Mark Amtower to talk about a number of Federal IT issues.
January 13, 2014
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and CIO of the Defense Health Agency, joined Federal News Radio for an online chat on Monday, Jan. 13. View the archived discussion now.
Cloud computing reduces costs related to upgrades and system maintenance, cuts down on paper usage and increases the speed with which apps can be deployed.
Karen Terrell, with the SAS Institute, will discuss how her company can help your agency manage its data.
December 31, 2013
Terry Verigan, vice president of CompuCure, will discuss best practices for small businesses that do work for the federal government.
December 24, 2013
GSA's Mark Day said agency preferences in how they buy cloud services are clear, and point toward the need for a cloud broker.
Federal News Radio surveyed more than a dozen current and former federal officials about what technology and acquisition stories stood out last year.
Kevin Kelly, CEO of LGS Innovations, will discuss how his company can help improve network security at your agency.
December 17, 2013
The Air Force's Service Development and Delivery Process aims to deliver data hosting, enterprise management, security and other IT functions as standards-based services to be used by the entire organization.