Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Federal employee pay has been a target in cost-cutting efforts by the President and Congress, aided by a public perception of feds as overpaid "fat cats." Claims about public vs. private pay have swung widely - from the Federal Salary Council's data that shows feds are paid 24 percent less than the private sector, to a Cato Institute report that says feds are paid double the private sector. What's the reality? Federal News Radio brings you interviews and analysis on the federal pay debate.
Host Mike Causey will talk career mobility with
Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior
Executives Service. Federal Times Senior Writers
Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly will talk about
how pending legislation in Congress will affect
your pay and benefits.
March 14, 2012
NARFE's David Snell and Federal Times reporters Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about the issues affecting your job and retirement.
March 7, 2012
Host Mike Causey will discuss federal pay and
benefits with Federal Times Senior Writer Stephen
Losey and Federal Managers Association Legislative
Director Jessica Klement.
February 29, 2012
Host Mike Causey will talk about the Thrift
Savings Plan with Tom Trabucco, director of
external affairs for Federal Retirment Thrift
Investment Board. Federal Times Reporters
Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly also join the show
to discuss how Congress is changing your federal
February 22, 2012
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins, Senior Writer Sean Reilly,and NARFE Legislative Director Julie Tagen will discuss how government employees will be affected by proposed cuts to the federal budget.
February 15, 2012
When it comes to figuring out whether federal workers are overpaid or underpaid both sides need to remember the basic carpenters rule: Measure twice, cut once. How come? Sometimes when doing complex math even the experts get it wrong, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says — even rocket scientists.
President Obama's fiscal 2013 budget request released today ends the two-year federal pay freeze but increases contributions feds will have to make toward their retirement benefits.