Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Would you and your spouse benefit from having a healthy open marriage? Because you have two weeks to figure it out, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey.
If you focus only on premiums next year, you could be making a $14,000 error when picking your 2012 health plan, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Insurance expert Walton Francis talks about open season for federal employees as he joins hosts Bob Leins and John Elliot.
November 28, 2011
Be careful. Be very careful. The PMS season for government workers is about to spike, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. And you know what that means.
Health insurance expert Walton Francis joins host Mike Causey on today's program. He will help you navigate the "best buys" for singles, couples, large families, retirees with and without Medicare, and people who are taking risks by using their private sector spouses health plan.
Federal employees turning 65 might be wondering: Do I get Medicare Part B coverage in addition to my federal health plan?
Over the next few days you should stuff yourself with good food and knowledge. You've got the eating part right and we can help with good ideas, especially while you are shopping for your 2012 health plan, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan is joined by Paul Forte and Beth O'Brien of the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program and Aetna's Sally Scanlan and Alexis Meier.
November 21, 2011
Most federal workers and retirees aren't going to spend a lot of time this week worrying about their 2012 health plan. But next week, after the guilt of Thankgiving, you should get serious about what could be the most important financial decision you will make this year, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, Colleen Murphy, executive for PlanSmartChoice, and Walton Francis, editor of the Checkbook Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees discuss the 2011 Open Season.
Ed Zurndorfer, a registered employee benefit consultant, joined Federal Drive to talk about what to look for in health savings accounts and flexible spending.
If you are a long time federal or postal worker you may have noticed this is the dullest health insurance open season in decades. But Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that's a good thing...
Today, according to some folks, is Dump Day. It's the deadline for either calling it quits with your spouse, partner, betrothed or significant other or sticking with them at least until next year. Fortunately for feds, the D-day decision for your health plan is not until mid-December.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Walton Francis, author of "The Checkbook Guide to Health Plans," to talk about what's the best health plan for you and your family.
November 16, 2011
Shirley Patterson, the assistant director of federal employee insurance options at OPM, told the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris the agency turned to a new channel of communication to get the word out this year: webcasts.
Host Mike Causey will talk about the big issues facing federal employees with NARFE's David Snell and Federal Times staff writer Stephen Losey.
November 9, 2011
Benefits expert Tammy Flanagan joined In Depth with Francis Rose.
Registered employee benefit consultant Ed Zurndorfer, a registered employee benefits consultant, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris with tips for making the best decisions.
The Office of Personnel Management debuts a series of webcasts to educate federal employees about the Open Season process.
Federal benefits specialist Ann Vanderslice joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the various plans the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program.