Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
The Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy is preparing for a special commencement ceremony this fall. About two dozen veterans will graduate from its Warriors to Workforce Program. Program Manager David Sella spoke with Federal Drive host Tom Temin about how the program works and how the agency plans to expand it. Tom caught up with Sella at the 2014 Acquisition Excellence Conference. View photos and listen to more interviews from the conference.
Every week it seems as if federal chief technology officers and chief information officers gather to discuss the latest trends — cloud computing, virtualization, big data, and mobility to name a few. Each has transformed how agencies operate. VMware has been a major supplier of virtualization technology and now it's branching out. Federal Drive host Tom Temin spoke with Carl Eschenbach, VMware's chief operating officer, at a recent conference.
The Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air. In today's news, a GAO report calls for closer attention by GSA to use of government airplanes, and data.gov launches a climate data initiative.
The Twin Cities area of Western North Dakota has a lot in common with mid-town Manhattan.
Dr. Peter Squire, program manager for Human Performance Training and Education,, Office of Naval Research
The Navy takes pointers from Google Glass to create the next generation of military training.
The EEOC explores social media in the workplace.
The administration considers cutting IT spending to fund Obamacare.
The Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air. In today's news, young veterans have more difficulty finding work, but Interior Secretary Jewell pledges to hire thousands of young people and veterans.
Heading into the next great data frontier.
ACT-IAC, GSA and DHS host a conference on agility, velocity and service excellence in acquisition. View Federal News Radio's photos and listen to our interviews from the event.
A new law targeting sexual assault in the military means big changes to its judicial system.
Col. Chris Cross, director, Science and Technology Division in the Army's Capabilities Integration Center
An update about how robotic, unmanned vehicles will augment brigades of the future.
The Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air. In today's news, labor management forums struggle to report metrics, Rep. Issa thinks the White House is out of line.
GSA awards a contract for the second major piece of the continuous monitoring cybersecurity program.
The Obama administration calls on agencies to get smarter about tracking employee morale and engagement.