Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
A new report shows agencies already cut the use of management-support contracts by 7 percent in 2011. OMB details four focus areas to continue to reduce spending on contracts for 2012.
A look at the discretionary budget authority for Cabinet-level agencies from 2008-2013.
The department released a new RFP asking for a host of services. Interior made an award in 2010 to a Microsoft provider only to see a Google provider protest and eventually force the agency to pull back the contract.
In an effort to cut the unemployment rate among veterans, President Barack Obama is calling for a new conservation program that would put veterans to work rebuilding trails, roads and levees on public lands.
With the launch of a new portal this week, Interior Department employees can now use their own mobile devices to log on to the agency's network. Mark Forman, the first E-gov administrator at the Office of Management and Budget and the co-founder of Government Transaction Services, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what Interior's new policy could mean for other agencies.
Interior Department launches new portal that allows employees to access the agency's internal network using their own mobile devices. Starting today, employees can use a tablet or smartphone to record time and attendance.
Andrew Goodrich, a ranger with the National Park Service, shares his story of being an injured Iraq War veteran finding a new home as a federal employee. He describes some of the challenges he faced and the accommodations his employers provided to to help him achieve success in the workplace.
President Obama told the Council on Jobs and Competitiveness Tuesday the administration would create performance metrics, track progress and adapt best practices for reducing the red tape for businesses.
Pressure is growing on agencies to draft formal succession plans. There's good reason to believe more feds retired in late 2011 than in recent years, although the final count is not yet out.
The U.S. Forest Service has approved the construction of 15 wind turbines in southern Vermont's Green Mountain National Forest.
Acting CIO Howard Hays said the agency is taking advantage of the work VA is doing to update its systems. Indian Health Services borrows heavily from VA's VistA electronic health records system.
November 17, 2011(Encore presentation December 29, 2011)
The department released a request for information for 11 email and collaboration services in the cloud. The RFI comes after Onix and Google dropped its protest of Interior's award to Softchoice and Microsoft for cloud email in October 2010.
Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar has launched a process that would merge the department's office for mining reclamation with the larger Bureau of Land Management. Salazar said the move is part of the department's continued push for greater efficiencies.
Jennifer Krstolic is a biogeographer for the U.S. Geological Survey.
Agency will do market research to see how the cloud market has changed. This decision prompted Onix and Google to drop their lawsuit.
Initial results from the two major changes to the way the agency manages and applies technology will come to the forefront this fall.
September 29, 2011
Presidents from Theodore Roosevelt to George W. Bush have designated public land as national monuments, using a federal law to protect from development sites judged to have natural, historical or scientific significance.
GAO found four of six governmentwide acquisition contracts ended up with 'excess revenue' for the agency in each of the last four years. GSA's schedules programs earned an extra $62 million a year, while Interior and NASA earned an extra $4.7 million and $1.7 million annually, respectively.
Ed Meagher, a former Interior Department CIO and deputy CIO and Chief Technology Officer at VA, explains why he supports VisTA's move to open source.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee found agencies manually input data into grants, contracts and loan systems. The committee also said at least 10 agencies don't have good oversight of the data quality.