Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
OMB controller Danny Werfel said the Treasury Department should be finished testing and analyzing systems in the next six months. The CFO Council highlights priorities for 2011, and among them is the further reduction of improper payments. Werfel said agencies will begin using the software tool first utilized by the Recovery Board to identify potential problems.
Frustrated with content management systems? Host John Gilroy talks with Tony Byrne, founder of Real Story Group.
January 11, 2011
Finding the right balance between privacy and sharing is the subject of a Federal News Radio Discussion. Joining us are NARA's Hannah Bergman and CMS's William Saunders.
Some say they're just nibbling around the edges. But, CMS is putting some proposed new rules out there to combat fraud and abuse in Medicaid and Medicare. WFED's Scott Carr explains.
OMB finds that most website and call center operations are separate and don't work well together. Some agencies are following the private sector's lead by offering multiple channels to serve citizens. CMS and GSA both use online tools to answer questions more quickly and reliably.
OMB is using the same data analysis tools to monitor stimulus spending at CMS to reduce their improper payments. Other agencies also are taking advantage of the lessons learned from the creation and operation of the board. Recovery.gov also will receive new features this fall to let citizens track individual projects on their own websites.
The White House announced late Tuesday that President Barack Obama will use a recess appointment to make Donald Berwick administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
She says it's complex to change their current technology environment.
"Performance management isn't just a good government idea, it quite frankly is a matter of surviving and hopefully thriving," says Michelle Snyder, deputy chief operating officer at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Errors, waste, and fraud in the Medicare system was the topic of conversation before the House Ways and Means Subcommittees on Health and Oversight today.
We get update on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' responsibilities when it comes to health care reform from the director of the Office of Acquisition and Grants Management, Rod Benson.
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
The reformation of the country's health care system is one of the next priorities for President Barack Obama and Congress, and the Department of Health and Human Services and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services will be at the center of this effort.