Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Obama administration's top environmental official in the oil-rich South Central region has resigned after Republicans targeted him over remarks made two years ago when he used the word "crucify" to describe how he would go after companies violating environmental laws.
An office within the National Archives and Records Administration, told a congressional subcommittee a new governmentwide portal could help agencies better manage the hundreds of thousands of Freedom of Information Act requests the government receives each year.
Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) is introducing legislation this week to consolidate the Energy Department and the Environmental Protection Agency into a single agency.
Agencies have an April 20 deadline to join a renewable energy certificate (REC) solicitation that can help them save money on reaching green goals.
Regulations.gov has undergone a makeover. The redesigned website, a repository of the regulations issued by the federal government that allows members of the public to view and comment on them, provides a "new look and feel," said Duncan Brown, the Environmental Protection Agency's branch chief for the eRulemaking Program.
Tom Blanton, executive director of the National Security Archive, talks about his group's efforts in recognizing poor compliance with open government practices through its annual Rosemary Award.
Carolyn Yocom is the director in GAO's health care practice.
Federal employees who respond to Freedom of Information Act requests got their first look today at a new web portal designed to improve efficiency and transparency. The Environmental Protection Agency, the Commerce Department and the National Archives and Records Administration are basing the portal on Regulations.gov.
The Air Force and EPA signed a memorandum of understanding last month to conduct environmental footprint analyses on Air Force installations in the Pacific Southwest Region.
President Barack Obama spoke to employees of the Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday, challenging them to continue pursuing their "vital mission" of protecting the American people.
An analysis by the American Association for the Advancement of Science found the 2012 budget for research and development will make investments into energy and environment research and cut R&D at the Defense Department and NASA.
Congressional negotiators are closer to reaching a spending deal with less than a week left before the current budget expires.
GAO examined 94 federal projects run by 11 agencies. Three agencies oversaw a majority of these projects — the departments of Housing and Urban Development, Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
House Republicans have dotted nine remaining spending bills with well more than 100 "riders" that would redirect government policy or maintain it in some cases despite objections from President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress. Most are unlikely to survive in final negotiations on a massive bill for funding government operations through next September.
The Republican-run House on Thursday voted to give Congress greater power to approve or reject major federal rules that the GOP calls "job killers" _ regulations covering everything from health care to dangerous children's toys.
The Army is collaborating with the Environmental Protection Agency to makes its bases more sustainable as part of its Net Zero initiative.
The EPA has announced five winners for its Apps for the Environment Challenge. The agency designed the contest to help promote the creation of mobile apps that make innovative uses of EPA's own data. The top overall app the agency selected is a light bulb finder that lets mobile users weigh their lighting needs against financial considerations and the environmental impact of their choices. EPA also selected winners in categories created by students, and a winner for the most popular app as chosen by users.
Three former agency employees say they tried to expose wrongdoing and were punished by EPA senior leaders. Several organizations marched to EPA headquarters asking for more support for whistleblowers.
The winning app for the Environmental Protection Agency's Apps for the Environment Challenge helps people find the right light bulb for their homes.
David Trimble, director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues at GAO, discussed some of the recommendations to fix EPA's budget management.