Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Public Interest Declassification Board submitted 14 recommendations to President Barack Obama at the end of November. The suggestions cover everything from moving out of the three-tiered classification system to a two-tiered process to strengthening the National Archives and Records Administration's National Declassification Center to giving federal employees "safe harbor" protection if they adhere to a rigorous risk management process in how they perform their classification duties.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission needed to find savings after its IT budget received a 15 percent reduction in 2012. Kim Hancher, the EEOC CIO, decided to reduce spending on mobile devices and instituted a BYOD policy to cut spending by almost 50 percent.
December 6, 2012
Atul Ganatra and Adam Lee from IQ Solutions, will talk about how their company is helping agencies handle large amounts of data.
December 4, 2012
Larry Besterman, CEO of TWD and Associates, Inc., joins host John Gilroy to discuss how his company can help your agency with its communication challenges.
November 27, 2012
Steven Sprague, CEO of Wave Systems joins host John Gilroy to talk about advanced password management and other IT issues.
November 20, 2012
Frank Baitman, the HHS chief information officer, said the agency will move its HR systems to a shared services provider in the coming year. He said HHS also will issue a solicitation for cloud services in 2013.
November 15, 2012
MarkLogic's Jon Bakke and Rick Miller will talk about how their company can help your agency handle large data sets.
November 13, 2012
Mark Ryland, chief solutions architect with Amazon Web Services joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help your agency transition to the cloud.
November 6, 2012
Agency CIO Tony Trenkle said CMS is building the foundation for four enterprisewide applications, including identity management and an enterprise portal.
October 18, 2012
Tim White, global head for Government and Intelligence at YarcData, joins host John Gilroy to discuss how to solve the big data issues plaguing your organization.
October 16, 2012
Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Governor will talk about a survey conducted by the center.
October 9, 2012
Rudy Mazariegos, ARL's acting chief information
officer, said he's implementing the ITIL
framework to help bring more discipline to the
October 4, 2012
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about what's next for sequestration, options for repairing the Harrier jet, technology that Israel could use to respond to the Iranian nuclear threat, and why certain medications may be in short supply.
October 4, 2012
The Obama administration has laid out an ambitious roadmap for agencies to phase out the use of paper records by 2020 in favor of managing nearly all records electronically. Sue Trombley, the director of consulting for Iron Mountain, joins Industry Chatter to discuss the ways the private sector can help agencies build on the government's guidance.
Greg Wappel, vice president for Business Development for Adeptus Solution, Inc., will discuss patient claims processing and other healthcare IT issues.
October 2, 2012
Dave Waltermire, security automation architect, Computer Security Division, at NIST, will talk about the upcoming conference and security automaton.
September 25, 2012
Dr. Emma Garrison-Alexander, TSA's chief information officer, said the goal is to make sure employees have the right device to match up with their mission requirements.
September 20, 2012
Ojas Rege, vice president of Strategy for MobileIron, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you manage a wide variety of mobile devices.
September 11, 2012
Gino Magnifico, the ACC's chief information officer, said his component is helping to lead an Armywide effort to develop a new contract writing system. It's not just a technology refresh, however. It's about improving the business processes.
September 6, 2012
Horace Blackman, CIO and director of IT support services at the Veterans Affairs Department Central Office talks about how mobile devices are handled at his agency.
September 4, 2012