Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Some managers find it difficult to lead employees working outside of the building. But hesitant leaders can find comfort in setting realistic expectations based on information gathered while employees are in the office.
Who are the "problem teleworkers?" Is a certain age group more likely to abuse the privilege of teleworking? Take the poll and tell us if you believe a particular age group is the most likely to abuse teleworking?
OPM sends Congress 2011 report on number of employees teleworking. This is the first report since the Telework Enhancement Act of 2010 became law. PTO, GSA, HHS, Education and Treasury are among the leaders in percentage of eligible employees working outside the office.
While some federal agencies in Washington, D.C., struggled to get their work done on Monday due to power outages caused by a recent storm, thousands of Patent and Trademark Office employees worked remotely as part of the agency's successful teleworking plan.
What are the telework policy drivers, mandates and updates, and the technology that is being accepted and deployed at various agencies to support the telework mission enablement to the next generation of the mobile platform?
Siemens Enterprise Communications Director of Federal Sales Russell Brodsky will talk about telework and collaboration is changing at your agency.
May 28, 2012
The Telework Exchange released a report last week saying that feds who participated in the 2012 Telework Week saved more than $5.6 million. The report not only showed a greater adoption of teleworking, but that feds were leading the way.
Panelists at Wednesday's Telework Town Hall Meeting said the technology is there to make the federal workforce more mobile.
DOD wanted telework to be available to the maximum number of civilian workers without affecting readiness.
Forty-five percent of the IT executives polled in for the 2012-2013 Telework/Mobile IT Almanac expected to see an increase in part-time mobile workers over the next two years and 59 percent anticipated more regular teleworkers.
Federal agencies may be behind the times when it comes to "bring your own device" programs for employees, but federal contractors have been doing it for years. Sheila Jordan from Cisco told the Federal Drive about her company's program, security concerns and benefits beyond savings.
Today begins Telework Week where federal employees are being encouraged to work from alternative sites.
AFGE has accused the Department of Veterans Affairs of failing to expand telework opportunities despite a new law designed to encourage the practice. Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) has demanded an explanation. Assistant Secretary for Human Resources and Administration John Sepulveda said managers aren't convinced that telework is good for the agency.
Federal government offices in the D.C. region remain open today but unscheduled leave and unscheduled telework are in effect due to light snow in the forecast.
Many agencies are not as gung-ho on telework as the Obama Administration or lawmakers would have it, according to a recent Congressional Research Service survey. The Department of Veterans Affairs allows just one-tenth of its employees to telework. At other agencies, most workers who are eligible to telework do not.
Tom Simmons, an expert on federal telework initiatives and vice president for Federal Systems at Citrix Systems, says that while the Telework Enhancement Act made greater mobility a mandate, a cultural shift in the workforce may be a driving factor behind an increase teleworking.
The Office of Personnel Management has updated the telework training offered through Telework.gov. Agencies must provide telework training to employees who are able and willing to work outside the office before the two parties sign a telework agreement. The upgrades will allow agencies to track which employees use and complete the training, according to the memo.
George Jakabcin, the agency's CIO, said every employee will get a new laptop and be able to access the network through a WiFi VPN connection. More than 80 percent of all employees work outside the office at least one day a week.
January 5, 2012(Encore presentation March 1, 2012)
Is your IT shop actively involved in your telework program? Here's a few reason they should be.