Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The elite urban search rescue team from Fairfax County that was assisting in the efforts following the earthquake and tsunami and Japan will be returning to the United States early Sunday morning.
The Republican Study Committee introduced the Spending Reduction Act that would eliminate USAID and three other small agencies. It also would take spending back to 2006 levels in fiscal 2012. The legislation also would cut or reduce spending in 100 programs such as agency travel budgets and require the collection of unpaid taxes from federal employees.
Agency's policy head discusses the first-ever four-year review of the Department's operations, future budgets.
What does the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review mean for the nation's defense, diplomacy and development strategy? Jon Allen and Cheryl Steele, senior associates at Booz Allen Hamilton, joined the Federal Drive this morning to discuss it.
Gov 2.0 is boosting transparency on domestic government news as well as on projects abroad.
USAID is the leading aid-giver
Officials with USAID - the U.S. Agency for International Development - recently gathered many of the world's leading scientists and development thinkers, along with leaders of key federal science agencies, to help map out a new Science, Technology and Innovation strategy. More than 60 experts from around the world spent two days discussing issues and how technology might provide solutions. One of the specific goals will be bridging the divide between the interests of the public and private sectors. The conference was the first step in helping USAID to identify what agency leaders call "grand challenges" and explore how science, technology, and innovation can be used to solve them. USAID officials have now appointed the first science advisor the Agency has had in 19 years as well as established a new dedicated Science and Technology office.
Small businesses will play an important role in the new procurement reform strategy at USAID. We get details from the Director of the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, Mauricio Vera
USAID's Sabrina Segal has created a Wikipedia-like way of sharing information about government ethics.
Sabrina Segal is one of seven winners of Federal News Radio's 2010 Causey Awards. Segal was nominated for developin a wiki to assist in the ethical decision making of her fellow attorneys.
Sabrina Segal, with the U.S. Agency for International Development, was nominated for a Causey Award for her development of a wiki to assist in the ethical decision making of her fellow attorneys.
Host Derrick T. Dortch explores the work of the Inter-American Foundation (IAF).
March 12, 2010
The Federal government has jumped into action after yesterday's earthquake in Haiti. The lead agencies for Federal response are USAID, working through the State Department; and the Defense Department.
New system would include national security screenings.