Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Office of the Director for National Intelligence has a new chief information officer - Al Tarasiuk.
Agencies must evaluate their security systems to ensure classified information remains secret. OMB, with guidance from ISOO and ODNI, has a battery of questions for agency heads in their second memo after the release of documents on WikiLeaks.
Priscilla Guthrie spent about 18 months as CIO before stepping down effective Friday.
In federal hiring, officials always have to strike a balance: fill the job as quickly as possible, while looking for the right candidate from as big a pool of applicants as possible. A new report suggests evaluating candidates is the weakest part of the entire hiring process.
Through nearly four decades of public service, Ron Sanders led major organizational and personnel reforms in critical areas of the federal government. We learn more from the Sammies award finalist.
Pledging to increase trust with Congress, retired Air Force Lt. Gen. James R. Clapper said Tuesday he would be candid with lawmakers if confirmed as the next director of national intelligence. We get more from Susan Crabtree,senior editor for The Hill.
The Office of Personnel Management, as well as all other federal agencies, spend a lot of time thinking about, and working toward, recruiting and hiring new federal employees. But keeping the talented people the government already has doesn't get as much attention. Angela Bailey, Dr. Ronald Sanders, and Linda Springer gave their expert assessments of this issue during the latest In Depth Conversation.
U.S. intelligence analysts that cull through unclassified, publicly available information will soon get new guidelines.
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Kshemendra Paul moves from the OMB chief architect to the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment. He will lead the work on information sharing standards, policies and procedures.
Dale Meyerrose, vice president and general manager at Harris Cyber Integrated Solutions, talks about his company's new solution for cloud, and explains why he thinks discussions about cybersecurity can be beneficial.
Intelligence community says developers should keep users' needs at the forefront of any project. Other key best practices are to think big, start small and scale fast. Intelligence employees say Web 2.0 tools slowly are being institutionalized across the community.
In the effervescing world of cybersecurity, former ODNI CIO challenges some cyber conventions.
Dr. Ron Ross
Project Leader, FISMA Implementation Project
March 31st, 2009
Rep. Langevin says OMB may get increased staff instead