Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Some blame procurement for HealthCare.gov's troubles, but the root of the problem with the government's health care website is a matter of pure project management.
Former HHS Secretary Dr. Louis Sullivan will discuss the advances that have been made in healthcare interoperability with host John Gilroy.
November 26, 2013
Dr. Theresa Cullen, chief medical informatics officer at the Veterans Health Administration, leads the program that allows the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to share data to improve the quality of health care they provide.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee pressed federal Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel, federal Chief Technology Officer Todd Park, Department of Health and Human Services CIO Frank Baitman and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services deputy CIO Henry Chao to acknowledge the oversight failings, and for someone to declare they were in charge of the program.
Sebelius: health care website needed couple of hundred fixes when repair effort began
Questions mount over incomplete testing of HealthCare.gov website
At his nomination hearing before a Senate committee Tuesday, President Barack Obama's pick to serve in the Veterans Affairs Department's No. 2 management slot pledged to tackle a host of challenges plaguing the department. Sloan Gibson, the president and CEO of the nonprofit USO, told members of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee if confirmed to be the VA's deputy director he would tackle the longstanding backlog of disability claims and will work to find common ground with the Defense Department on a new strategy for a joint electronic-health records system. The committee also considered the nominations of Linda Schwartz to be the assistant VA secretary for policy and planning and Constance Tobias to serve as the chair of VA's Board of Veterans' Appeals.
Tony Harmon, CEO of CareDirector USA, wil discuss the interaction between technology and managed services, healthcare IT, and the Affordable Care Act.
November 5, 2013
Obama claims 'full responsibility' for health care website fixes as security concerns surface
In his first public comments since the portal launched, federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies and contractors can learn from the problems the website encountered. He said many times big failures provide the opening for major changes.
Obama taps private company to oversee dozens of fixes to health insurance website
Insiders who worked on US health website describe high stress, complaints about major problems
The chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent letters to Verizon Enterprise Inc., Google, Microsoft, Oracle and Expedia asking if they are part of the administration's "tech surge" to fix the Affordable Care Act portal.
In a letter to federal CIO Steve VanRoekel and federal CTO Todd Park, Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairmen want documents and information on whether the program went under a TechStat review and whether the White House made decisions that impacted the use of federal IT best practices.
In a special commentary, Federal News Radio's Tom Temin asks, where were the crowd-sourcing, cloud-computing, agile-developing, data-dot-goving, code-a-paloozing studs who have been swept into so many agencies by the Obama administration before the launch of HealthCare.gov?
Dr. Devin Jopp, CEO of the Workgroup for Electronic Data Exchange, will talk about his organization and the benefits of exchanging health care data electronically.
October 15, 2013
Jim Williams and Rick Holgate from ACT-IAC will fill us in on next month's 2013 Executive Leadership Conference in Williamsburg Virginia.
September 17, 2013
Tom Romeo, president of MAXIMUS Federal explains how the appeals process works when a healthcare claim is rejected.
September 3, 2013
Mary Nicholas and Jim Moyer from the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation will discuss how to improve outcomes and reduce costs in healthcare IT.
August 27, 2013
At a recent health IT demonstration, the Veterans Affairs Department showcased nine different technologies that it hopes will change how it delivers health care. The agency is testing medical mobile apps on iPads with 1,000 severely injured veterans.