Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
As recently as a decade ago, enterprise services was seen as a way to cut costs and provide more efficient data and telephone services to civilian offices. But now, with the rise of the Pentagon's Joint Information Environment, enterprise services is taking on a new role in providing tactical information advantage to warfighters in the field, and business opportunities to industry capable of providing both the hardware and software to make it happen.
Joining us to talk about it on this edition of "AFCEA Answers" is David DeVries, Deputy Chief Information Officer for Information Enterprise, Department of Defense.
In part two of our examination of cloud computing in the federal government, Dave McClure with the General Services Administration, and Edwin Elmore and Mark Lambdin with Cisco Systems in Washington, provide a report card on cloud computing. How are industry and government meeting the challenges of security, acquisitions and 'big data' when it comes to the cloud? And what do government and industry expect from each other when it comes to the business of cloud computing?
This AFCEA Answers episode investigates current trends in cloud computing in government and industry. Hear what US Navy CIO Terry Halverson has to say about cloud computing in the US Navy.
This AFCEA Answers episode explores the cyber threat landscape and how it impacts government and industry.
This AFCEA Answers episode tackles issues surrounding mobility for the government and industry community. Find out what Mobility means to Lt Gen Ronnie Hawkins, Jr., USAF, Director, DISA, as he discusses this key disruptive technology with industry experts.