Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Ray Bjorklund of Birch Grove Consulting, will discuss sequestration and what it means for contractors.
August 6, 2013
Author David Meerman Scott will talk about the latest edition of his book: "The New Rules of Marketing and PR".
August 6, 2013
The Defense Department, General Services Administration and NASA issued a final rule today amending the Federal Acquisition Regulation. FAR must now include performance rating categories and different factors for past performance evaluations.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss legislation that would strengthen the pharmaceutical supply chain, and the second quarter lobbying numbers.
August 1, 2013
In contrast to federal employees, who are facing furloughs, many contractors are encountering more elusive sequestration symptoms. Along with reduced government contract spending, federal-employee furlough have also trickled down through the procurement process, resulting in delays, contractors say. This article is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Private Side of Sequestration.
The multiple award contract for professional services will cover seven functional areas. GSA will make up to 40 awards per functional area.
Sequestration threatens to squeeze some companies out of the industry. Federal News Radio's special report, Private Side of Sequestration, examines the long-term planning and short-term coping mechanisms companies can take to better manage through the cuts.
Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group and Cameron Leuthy, senior budget analyst at Bloomberg Government, will discuss sequestration and its impact on the government and contracting.
July 30, 2013
Recent earnings reports reveal large margins and strong earnings per share for many prime contractors. But Financial Analyst Michael Lewis expects negative trends to start showing within the next few quarters.
Deltek's Kevin Plexico and Scott Lewis of PS Partnerships, will talk about the challenges facing contractors in this tough budget environment.
July 29, 2013
While sequestration is impacting the aerospace industry, the biggest cuts resulted from the Budget Control Act of 2011 and reduced demand in the wake of military withdrawals, said Richard Aboulafia, aerospace analyst at the Teal Group.
Federal News Radio surveyed federal contractors to find out just how much sequestration is impacting them five months after it went into effect. View the raw results of the survey.
Many federal vendors are wary about what 2014 and beyond will bring when it comes to acquisitions. Vendors say they have to get creative internally and externally to survive further budget cuts.
A new Federal News Radio online survey shows downward trends in the contracting market this year, and vendors have rising concerns in the out years about what this new normal means. The survey found 57 percent of the respondents have been negatively impacted by sequestration by fewer contract opportunities, and more than 55 percent of the respondents said when it comes to making contract awards over the last six months, the government has been in a state of paralysis.
Government contractors have more questions than answers regarding how the Affordable Care Act will impact business, and how coverage requirements will inform contract pricing evaluations.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss what's ahead for Congress, the implementation of Dodd-Frank, and possible changes to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
July 25, 2013
George Washington University Law School professor Steve Schooner joins host Roger Waldron to talk about the top procurement issues.
July 23, 2013
Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners will discuss the top strategic sourcing issues with host Mark Amtower.
July 22, 2013
The Homeland Security Department's Border Management Systems Programs Office awarded a contract to Unisys to modernize its border-management systems.
Tom Sharpe wants to make the General Services Administration the first choice for most commodity buys for the government. He said he wants to increase the amount of spending agencies through FAS contracts by billions.