Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The agency hired CGI Federal to move its application from the Interior Department to the private cloud.
Darren Ash, the chief information officer of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, helped Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel present more details on the federal mobile stragegy. Ash joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the conversation.
Chairman Jaczko told lawmakers he would not resign despite criticism from NRC commissioners. Republican members push for Jaczko to leave. Democrats said their investigations found no legal violations.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chairman Gregory Jaczko said it was the first time he had heard many of the accusations that fellow commissioners threw at him during a hearing of the House Oversight Committee on Jaczko's leadership. The four commissioners, evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, said they had no political motive in bringing his "erratic" and "extreme" behavior to light.
Darren Ash, deputy executive director of corporate management at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, will talk about how the agency is using youtube and other social media.
November 8, 2011
Eric Leeds, the director of the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss recommendations made in the aftermath of the Japanese nuclear crisis.
The three agencies have joined a growing number that are offering incentive payments for employees to leave the payroll. Federal News Radio provides a roundup of recent buyout offers.
On today's Federal Drive: The deadline to transition to GSA's Networx telecommunications contract is approaching, an assessment of DHS 10 years after 9/11 and a preview of upcoming legislative battles as Congress prepares to return from recess.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Monday that it was deploying additional inspectors to the Virginia nuclear power plant closest to the epicenter of last week's earthquake, after preliminary measurements suggested the 5.8 magnitude quake triggered shaking in excess of what the two reactors' were designed to handle.
Jack Grobe, the NRC's deputy director for nuclear regulation and a member of a special task force, joined the Federal Drive to discuss the commission's regulations in the wake of the March earthquake in Japan that caused a crisis at nuclear plant there.
This is the largest technology services contract ever from the agency.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said there are more than 1,000 of these back-office systems and moving them to private cloud providers could save billions. Several agencies, including Labor and EEOC, already have moved their financial systems to a private cloud. Kundra envisions an interagency effort similar to the one for email where agencies commit to using a governmentwide contract for these services.
Agency CIO Darren Ash said media and citizens wanted more information than ever about what NRC is doing in the U.S. and in Japan to deal with the nuclear power safety. Ash said the agency is considering both technology and process improvements to its FOIA processes.
June 9, 2011
Interior's National Business Center no longer will support CGI's Momentum software forcing NRC, EEOC, FLRB and NTSB to find a new financial management system provider.
Unfazed by the potential fallout in Japan and a cautionary listing from nuclear regulators, one of two nuclear power plants in the D.C. area is considering expansion.
David Silverberg, editor of Homeland Security Today, has an update on the mission to Tokyo.
Federal News Radio surveyed 10 agencies to find out how they are preparing for a shutdown, and how operating under a continuing resolution is affecting their operations.
Jim McDermott, the director of the Office of Human Resources, will leave the Nuclear Regulatory Commission on Jan. 1.
What's the best way to use the measurements developed for government in the past few years? We ask a panel of experts for their opinion.
EPA CIO Jackson said he wants to dig deeper to improve programs and save money on technology systems. Others are using the data on the dashboard to have a common language across the department.