Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Latest TSP News
|Thrift Savings Plan Ticker|
|Closing price updated at approx 6pm EST. each business day. More at tsp.gov.|
So, you're reaping the benefits of your Thrift Savings Plan? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you still may be missing out on a host of other federal benefits that are available to you.
Are you a $1 million baby? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you can be if, like some other feds, you make the most out of your Thrift Savings Plan.
Want to have a $1 million-plus nest egg to play with when you retire? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says any fed can do it with common sense, hard work and time.
Federal benefits expert Ray Kirk gives his thoughts on OPM's phased retirement guidelines and what they mean for you.
August 18, 2014
Unless you're financially well-off, you need to get to know your Thrift Savings Plan. It may be responsible for one-third to one-half of the income you receive in your retirement, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey.
Certified financial planner Nick Martinez joins the show to discuss how to handle your finances and establish goals if you are a new federal employee.
August 11, 2014
Financial planner Arthur Stein will answer your calls and emails about the TSP, and Federal Times Senior Writer Andy Medici will discuss changes at the Department of Veterans Affairs, and proposed changes to the federal pension plan.
August 6, 2014
Got the shakes about your nest egg? The one that's supposed to provide one-third to one-half of your total retirement income? Are you feeling a little nervous? asks Senior Correspondent Mike Causey.
Outside of the "never has a bad day" G Fund, the Thrift Savings Plan saw across the board losses in July. However, year-to-date, each of the funds remains in the positive.
Two years after launching the Roth option for the Thrift Savings Plan, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) has seen Roth TSP enrollment rise to 8 percent.
The Thrift Savings Plan Board is checking up on the quality of the information you get when you call and ask the TSP for help. The July board meeting wasn't in Washington like it usually is; the board took a field trip this month. Kim Weaver, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, tells In Depth with Francis Rose the field trip was a learning experience.
Co-hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan answer your questions about the "three-legged stool" of retirement planning.
July 28, 2014
The Smart Savings Act would make the Lifecycle Funds the default investment option in the Thrift Savings Plan for new federal employees.
While federal employees gave high marks on usefulness and importance to the Thrift Savings Plan, only a small percentage said they had flexible spending accounts because they saw little value in the program. The results are part of a survey that OPM has been doing since 2004 to gauge worker opinions on the health and wellness benefits it offers.
Co-hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan talk about the state of the federal workforce and legislation under consideration in Congress that could affect federal employment.
July 7, 2014
The Thrift Savings Plan continued a summer winning streak through June, with all funds in federal employees' 401(k)-style retirement accounts finishing out the month in positive territory, according to new data from the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. It's the second month in a row all funds have finished in the black.
Marc Levine, principal at Handler & Levine LLC, joins host Bob Leins to discuss how to change your estate plan when your life is changing around you.
June 30, 2014
Financial advisor Arthur Stein will answer your calls and emails about the TSP, and CBS MoneyWatch Columnist Allan Roth discusses what you can do to maximize your TSP investments.
June 25, 2014
Boosted by a recovering economy and a booming Wall Street, assets in the Thrift Savings Plan have continued to climb. Since reaching $400 billion in February — the highest amount ever recorded — assets under TSP management grew to more than $412 billion by the end of last month. But as total assets have increased, so have calls to tweak the program that's provided federal employees with 401(k)-style retirement accounts since 1987. Still, the TSP has consistently resisted calls to modify its simplified, tried-and-true structure.
Show co-hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan will talk about a wide variety of benefit programs for federal workers and retirees.
June 9, 2014