Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
On February 17, 2009, President Barack Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or Recovery Act, into law. Federal News Radio follows how agencies have enacted the law and how the government is tracking spending through Recovery.gov.
The Department of Energy is awarding nearly $100 million for 54 smart grid workforce training programs that Secretary Steven Chu says will help prepare the next generation of workers in the utility and electrical manufacturing industries.
The projects will leverage more than $95 million in funding from community colleges, universities, utilities and manufacturers to develop and implement training programs that will train approximately 30-thousand Americans in an effort to modernize the nation's electrical grid, and implement smart grid technologies in communities across the country.
The programs will focus on training activities that support electricians, line workers, technicians, system operators, power system engineers, cyber security specialists and transmission planners.
The funding builds on more than $4 billion in Recovery Act funding for smart grid deployment and demonstration projects nationally.
Stimulus recipients have reported that about 640,000 jobs "were created or retained" with stimulus funding through Sept. 30.
The government watchdog overseeing economic stimulus spending said Thursday that, in its rush to take credit for saving hundreds of thousands of jobs, the Obama administration was overly confident in its job-counting and did not acknowledge significant errors in the figures.
VP, Ingram Micro
President, Topside Consulting
October 19th, 2009
Work continues at the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board on the next version of the Recovery.gov website. The head of that board gives a Senate oversight committee a progress report on other efforts to track all that stimulus spending.
When you get past the national headlines, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is about helping people at the state and local level hurt by the national economic downturn. On Tuesday, the Greater Washington Board of Trade heard from White House advisors and Federal agency managers who came to help business leaders get their local share of the federal stimulus program.
A political pawn's purpose is simple. And there are two kinds of pawns--those who see it coming, and those who don't.
A House committee got its latest progress report on the economic stimulus program yesterday. The testimony paints a decidedly mixed picture about whether or not the $787 billion dollar American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is working the way the White House has planned.
Office of Charge Card Management, GSA
April 13th, 2009
(Rebroadcast June 29th, 2009)
Acting Director, Office on Violence Against Women
May 21, 2009