Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Barlow Herget Commentary
Barlow Herget is a commentator and host on State Government Radio at Curtis Media. He has been a commentator on UNC public radio and an instructor in continuing education at Duke University. Herget was a Nieman Fellow ('70) at Harvard University, has worked for the Daily Press of Paragould, Ark., the Detroit Free Press, and the News & Observer of Raleigh. His articles have appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times and numerous other publications. Contact him by email.
And how liberals have become progressives.
The candidate who spends the most money tilts the election his way.
The November elections may lead to a future of the past.
President Obama is like Rodney Dangerfield. He can't get no respect.
Critical failures, key government officials unable to make decisions, and lack of presidential leadership. Sound familiar?
What are the long term consequences of the gulf oil spill?
House ethics complaint filed over YouTube video
It may be time to kick some fourth estate butt.
Picking up globs of oil off the beach is no answer.
Mr. Obama will face a block of resistance, but should persevere.
Drilling down to the truth may be painful
Green technologies put green in the economy as well