Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Frank Kendall, undersecretary of defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, discusses which elements of the Better Buying Power Initiative have been successful. Plus, Henry Sienkiewicz, vice chief information assurance executive at the Defense Information Systems Agency and Roger Greenwell, DISA's director for field security operations join us to talk about the agency's plan to build on its track record of information assurance training and develop modular, DoD-wide training for specific cyber roles across the military services.
Military's cyber leaders say job satisfaction has so far trumped salary concerns when it comes to building and retaining a workforce of elite cyber warriors. Building the capacity of that training pipeline is the next challenge.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve was set up in 1972 to help employers enable members of the National Guard and Reserve to re-enter the civilian job market.
DoD's top financial manager says the Pentagon is pressing forward to meet Congressional edicts for auditable financial statements. But constant federal budget emergencies are sapping huge amounts of energy from the financial workforce tasked with preparing for audit.
At meetings this week, DoD gives European Command the go-ahead to start building the first increment of a standards-based IT environment that will collapse thousands of networks into a single, interoperable environment.
Pentagon says planning for future contingencies will include contract management from the get-go rather than letting be an afterthought.
Veterans Affairs PHR effort has already gone far beyond VA. After reaching 1 million users, originators of the project have set their sights on 100 million.
Agencies dedicated more money and personnel to FOIA processing in 2011, but requests grew even faster.
Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Talley took over as Chief of the Army Reserve in June. He tells Federal News Radio there are only two issues that keep him up at night.
The DoD inspector general found more than half of military voting assistance offices were unreachable using contact information on the website. Pam Mitchell, the interim director of the Federal Voting Assistance Program, said all the phone numbers now are accurate.
Executive order calls for vets in emotional distress to be seen by a professional within 24 hours. It also enlists HHS, Education, DoD and VA in interagency partnerships to find treatments for traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress.
DoD and VA have both committed to moving from their legacy electronic health record systems to a joint, integrated system by 2017. But there are challenges: an aggressive timeline and an acquisition culture that's not been suited to agility in the past.
Ninety percent of backlogged papers have been assessed and sent to agencies for review, but unexpected problems may cause government to miss 2013 deadline to clear the backlog.
DoD's path to a networking environment that serves the entire military with a single set of standards will start with the premise that 60-80 percent technology solutions are good enough for now. Pentagon wants to start with commercial technologies that can evolve in capability over time.
Most of the Pentagon's contract spending wouldn't take an immediate hit from sequestration. Conversely, civilian employees would likely be laid-off or furloughed in the few days or weeks after the automatic budget cuts kick in, according to a Washington think tank's analysis of the convoluted laws that govern the automatic cuts
Military's cyber offense and defense strategies are being executed by two separate teams that can't sufficiently share knowledge, per the commander of U.S. Cyber Command
First Africa Command leader misused his authority and government funds, DoD inspector general finds. The review recommends the Army take "appropriate action" against Gen. William Ward.
A review of audit practices at the military's IT agency finds significant deficiencies in meeting governmentwide "yellow book" auditing standards. DISA agreed with the inspector general's findings and laid out four steps toward improvement.
The Postal Service lost $5.2 billion in the third quarter of this year, bringing its year-to-date tally of red ink to $11.6 billion for the first nine months of 2012. The USPS chief financial officer said the organization's liquid assets are running perilously low. Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe faults an "inflexible" business model and urged action by Congress.
Army says 130 companies have expressed interest in building renewable facilities on military installations so far. Winners will be picked by the end of the year.