Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
If you're still looking ahead to paying for that education, you might get some help from your Thrift Savings Plan account.
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board Executive Director Greg Long, and Tom Trabucco, the board's Director of External Affairs, will answer questions about your TSP, including any questions you may have about the new Roth TSP option.
April 25, 2011 (Encore presentation May 30, 2011)
Most federal investors are smart enough to be actively participating in the Thrift Savings Plan, but how much of their biweekly check should they earmark for the federal 401(k) plan? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asked a pro and got some interesting answers.
Host Tammy Flanagan and NITP Benefits Specialist James Marshall will answer the questions that feds need to know when planning for their retirement.
April 18, 2011
Tom Trabucco, director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, talks about rebalancing to keep your financial goals on target.
Host Tammy Flanagan and WellsFargo Vice-President Joseph Sullender discuss the do's and don'ts of retirement planning for federal employees.
April 11, 2011
Given the nonperformance of Congress, federal workers better learn to live with furlough threats. So whether we dodge the bullet or not this time, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a checklist you should clip and save...for the next time.
More and more Thrift Savings Plan participants are wondering how they can protect their hard-saved money from the dangers of the stock market. Ann Vanderslice, the founder of the Federal Benefits Training Network, gives us her thoughts.
The TSP Roth 401(k) option is still an option, but it's going to take a little while longer. The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board has decided to push back the launch of the highly-anticipated program from January 2012 to April.
If a mobile worker is teleworking, does that mean they're in the office?
Does the battle over the debt limit have an impact on the TSP super-safe G fund?
A noted technology author says your spouse hates telework.
What do the annuity payments of federal retirees and the troubles facing Charlie Sheen have in common? And what's a Charlie Sheen? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, as per usual, has most of the answers.
If there is a government shutdown some federal workers have a plan to punish the politicians who caused it. Unfortunately some of their tactics are the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains.
Tom Trabucco, director of external relations for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which RUNS your Thrift Savings Plan, explains what's driving growth in all TSP funds.
With a potential shutdown, feds looking for monetary relief would have to finalize it before operations cease.
Tom Trabucco, the Director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, discusses the likelihood of feds taking out TSP funds in the event of a furlough.
For Your Benefit takes on the following issues this week - long term care, life and disability insurance, investing for the long and short term, and the Thrift Savings Plan.
February 14, 2011
If you're a federal employee with questions about taxes or benefits, you'll want to listen to this show.
February 7, 2011
Estimated taxes are due for 2010, but where does your TSP fit into all this? We ask Registered Employee Benefit Consultant Ed Zurndorfer.