Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Recent earnings reports reveal large margins and strong earnings per share for many prime contractors. But Financial Analyst Michael Lewis expects negative trends to start showing within the next few quarters.
Deltek's Kevin Plexico and Scott Lewis of PS Partnerships, will talk about the challenges facing contractors in this tough budget environment.
July 29, 2013
Certifed financial planner Joe Sullender answers questions and emails about how to create a financial plan for your family.
July 29, 2013.
While sequestration is impacting the aerospace industry, the biggest cuts resulted from the Budget Control Act of 2011 and reduced demand in the wake of military withdrawals, said Richard Aboulafia, aerospace analyst at the Teal Group.
Federal News Radio partnered with Govini, a government market research firm, to examine how sequestration has impacted the number of contracts being awarded, delayed, and cancelled by the government. View our data.
Federal News Radio surveyed federal contractors to find out just how much sequestration is impacting them five months after it went into effect. View the raw results of the survey.
Many federal vendors are wary about what 2014 and beyond will bring when it comes to acquisitions. Vendors say they have to get creative internally and externally to survive further budget cuts.
A new Federal News Radio online survey shows downward trends in the contracting market this year, and vendors have rising concerns in the out years about what this new normal means. The survey found 57 percent of the respondents have been negatively impacted by sequestration by fewer contract opportunities, and more than 55 percent of the respondents said when it comes to making contract awards over the last six months, the government has been in a state of paralysis.
Jon Desenberg of the Performance Institute and John Kamensky of the IBM Center for the Business of Government, will discuss how to instill a culture of performance at your agency.
July 26, 2013
Government contractors have more questions than answers regarding how the Affordable Care Act will impact business, and how coverage requirements will inform contract pricing evaluations.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss what's ahead for Congress, the implementation of Dodd-Frank, and possible changes to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
July 25, 2013
George Washington University Law School professor Steve Schooner joins host Roger Waldron to talk about the top procurement issues.
July 23, 2013
Tony Celeste, director of Federal Sales at Brocade, will discuss best practices for designing a data center, and making it flexible enough to meet your agency's needs.
July 23, 2013
Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners will discuss the top strategic sourcing issues with host Mark Amtower.
July 22, 2013
This week on the Capital Impact radio show, Bloomberg Government examines the law that requires the Defense Department to buy American when outfitting troops. Plus, which contractors will benefit the most from passage of an immigration bill?
Watervliet Arsenal is celebrating its 200th anniversary as the premier manufacturer of cannons and mortars for the military. Federal News Radio Anchor Tom Temin visited the arsenal for an up-close look at what goes on behind the scenes.
Steve Charles, one of the co-founder of the immixGroup, will give listeners insight on how electronic problems can impact federal security.
July 16, 2013
A group of Democrats and Republicans, called the No Labels Caucus, plans to introduce nine bills this week focused on government effectiveness and efficiency. The strategic sourcing legislation would require agencies to save at least $10 billion a year. Senators say agencies need the right incentives to buy smarter.
Hosky Communications President Peg Hosky, discusses the value of having your agency participate in events, conferences, and webinars.
July 15, 2013
Polling and research firm Gallup will pay $10.5 million to settle allegations that it violated the False Claims Act and the Procurement Integrity Act. The government alleged Gallup knowingly inflated contract prices.