Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Government Accountability Office joins a growing list of federal departments and agencies that wants to offer early retirements and voluntary separations to its employees. GAO said the move is in anticipation of a smaller 2012 budget.
On today's Federal Drive: USPS announced it's considering massive job cuts, Veterans Affairs large-scale IT contract under siege from bid protests and expanded benefits to the post-9/11 GI Bill.
The GAO found the State Department had improved real-time awareness of cyber vulnerabilites, however it still has some areas to cover, according to the watchdog agency's latest report.
Longer life spans and limited interest among providers may have driven up premium costs under the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP).
David Wise, the Government Accountabilty Office's director of physical infrastructure issues, joined the Federal Drive to discuss the agency's recent report that deemed federal real property high-risk because of an overreliance on leasing. GAO said it's often cheaper to actually own property rather than renting.
The top four civilian agencies can do a better job in the planning stages for service contracts, according to a new Government Accountability Office.
The Government Accountability Office says a State Department program designed to help its managers mitigate IT risks fails to provide a complete view of those risks.
IBM has protested the Veterans Affairs Department's multi-billion dollar information technology contract, under the Transformation 21 Total Technology (T4) program.
The Government Accountability Office says many of the 24 biggest agencies are still struggling with how to use social media effectively
Davi D'Agostino, director of Defense Capabilities and Management Issues at GAO, discusses highlights from the report.
On today's Federal Drive, DHS gets a new chief human capital officer, and the Senate ponders legislation governing online access agency reports and a Pentagon mentoring program.
Mark Forman, the first E-gov Administrator at OMB, shares his thoughts on the progress of the data center consolidation and closings.
John Pendleton is the Director of Defense Capabilities & Management Issues at GAO. His agency's report found DoD must improve training for its Ballistic Missile Defense System.
A recently declassified Government Accountability Office report found that Defense Department cybersecurity efforts are decentralized and spread across various offices. GAO recommends that the Pentagon set a timeframe to streamline its joint cyber operations.
While the Telework Enhancement Act of 2010 required agencies to include telework policies in their continuity of operation plans, GAO found agencies lack a definition of what "inclusion" means.
David Maurer, the director of homeland security and justice issues at GAO told Federal News Radio, the latest Government Accountability Office report on DHS acquisition contains three key areas for improvement, including better defined requirements and more testing and evaluation of technologies.
A new GAO report shows that DOD's Ballistic Missile Defense System lacks clear oversight on training and funding.
Charles Farrell, a principal with Northstar Investment Advisors, discussed the pros and cons of buying annuities. The Government Accountability Office recently released a report detailing various retirement strategies, including converting savings into an annuity.
If you've seen evidence of workers' compensation fraud, the Government Accountability Office wants to know about it. Greg Kutz, director of GAO's Forensic Audits and Investigative Service on the effort.
GAO finds the Pentagon isn't moving fast enough in improving the skills of their workforce. House lawmakers focused in the acquisition workforce, specifically. DoD defended its efforts, pointing to the 8,600 new acquisition workers hired over the past few years.