Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Greystones Group CEO Sheila Duffy and Mary-Sara Camerino, director of Technology Services, explain how their company can help you with your agile and open source software needs.
March 13, 2012
Adm. Robert Day, the service's CIO, said he wants to consolidate data centers, recompete their HR system and better utilize smartphone and tablet devices. The Coast Guard also will begin deploying long-awaited C4 capabilities in 2012.
March 8, 2012
Federal Chief Information Officer Steven VanRoekel said agency technology managers will receive reports on the accuracy of the data they put in the portal. The Office of Management and Budget will use the reports to spot possible problematic projects. Version two of the IT Dashboard also will offer more information on specific projects that fall under a bigger investment category.
Don Adcock, executive director of the Army Information Technology Agency, tells Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu about how the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks forced the Pentagon to start consolidating data centers long before the topic was on most agencies' radar screens.
Tony Trenkle, chief information officer and director of the Office of Information Services at the Centers for Medicar and Medicaid Services talks about the IT challenges at his agency.
March 6, 2012
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said a recent mishap involving the Presidential Management Fellowship not only threatens the program's prestige but could point to larger technology issues within OPM.
Aileen Black, vice president of federal at IT virtualization company VMware, told In Depth with Francis Rose she thinks agencies are well into the mobile future. VMware, along with Carahsoft and MeriTalk, surveyed more than 150 agency chief information officers and IT managers for a report, "Mobile Power Government: Driving Increasingly Productive, Efficient Agencies."
Tony Ayaz, vice president of Federal for Splunk, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you manage your log files.
February 28, 2012
David Powner, the director of information technology management issues at GAO, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent report on duplicative IT investments at the Defense, Energy and Homeland Security Departments.
In less than two years, the General Services Administration's mobile application website has grown from offering 15 apps to 100.
The space agency's CIO Linda Cureton said the I3P contracts are helping NASA stay on pace as technology matures. The agency already is seeing benefits from the three awards made in 2011.
February 23, 2012
Host John Gilroy will talk fraud prevention with Larry Benson, director of Strategic Alliances at LexisNexis Risk Solutions.
February 21, 2012
The Enterprise Management Decision Support pulls data from 18 different databases to help senior leaders understand the state of divisions, brigades or battalions. Lt. Col. Bobby Saxon said the system helped cut down the time it takes to collect this data by 90 percent.
February 16, 2012(Encore presentation April 12, 2012)
Cloudera CEO Mike Olson joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with big data.
February 14, 2012
The bill does not include Senate-confirmed White House cyber coordinator position. It does include new requirements under the Clinger-Cohen Act around acquisition. The comprehensive legislation complements several of the administration's 2013 budget proposals.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said he will send SWAT teams to fix problematic technology projects. OMB also will ramp up monthly TechStat sessions. The governmentwide IT budget request drops almost $600 million.
Cathy Flickinger said her biggest challenge is keeping the IT operations going while her bureau's building is upgraded. She has moved mission critical apps and websites to the cloud.
February 9, 2012
The General Service's Administration's Office of Governmentwide Policy is developing a new tool to make information sharing more efficient. Kathleen Turco, OGP's associate administrator, said the project is about half way to completion.
Gunnar Hellekson, the chief technolgoy strategist for Red Hat's U.S. public sector group, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss virtualization and the subscription model for agency IT.
Government agencies could win a free assessment of their website by entering the General Services Administration's First Fridays usability contest.