Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Walton Francis, editor of the Consumers' Checkbook Guide to Federal Health Plans, will answer your calls and emails about open season.
November 13, 2013
Obama praises CFTC nominee Timothy Massad, says he eschews spotlight but gets results
The association claims Trey Hodgkins, Pam Walker and Carol Henton breached their contract and disclosed proprietary information to ITI that would harm TechAmerica.
Tony Trenkle will leave as the CIO of CMS on Nov. 15 after eight years with the agency.
Four senior TechAmerica officials, Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president global public sector; Erica McCann, manager of procurement policy; Carol Henton, vice president of state and local government division; and Pam Walker, senior director for homeland security; took similar roles with ITI's new IT Alliance for Public Sector organization, which will focus on technology and acquisition issues.
Beth McGrath, DoD's deputy chief management officer, announced she will leave government around Nov. 30.McGrath has been the deputy CMO and performance improvement officer since July 2010 when the Senate confirmed her.
Pentagon says it confirmed ethics violations by chief of Pentagon security
Tony Vergnetti will host a roundtable discussion of open season and the options available for federal workers.
November 1, 2013
Dr. Andrea Morris, BRAC Coordinator and Community Resilience director for Arlington County Virginia, will discuss how the county is being impacted by base closure and realignment, and what officials are doing to boost job growth in the area.
November 1, 2013 (Encore presentation November 8, 2013
GOP blocks Obama nominees for federal court, housing agency; Senate Dems assess a response
The 62-35 vote comes more than five months after President Barack Obama nominated the former Labor Department chief of staff and Obama reelection campaign official to serve as the next head of the agency.
In a message to senior executives, Secretary Eric Shinseki said that Stephen Warren now will hold the title of executive in charge, Office of Information and Technology and chief information officer. The title change comes as the House Veterans Affairs Committee is turning up on the heat once again on the agency's ability to secure its systems and protect data.
President Obama announced his intention to appoint Luke McCormack as the DHS chief information officers. McCormack spent the last 19 months as the Justice CIO.
Peggy Sherry will become the deputy commissioner for operations support at the IRS as of Nov. 4. She is the fourth executive to come to the IRS since the service's scandal broke earlier this summer.
Host Derrick Dortch talks about the recent government shutdown with Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies.
October 18, 2013 (Encore presentation October 25, 2013)
Beth Cobert is on the job as the deputy director for management at the Office of Management and Budget. The Senate confirmed Cobert and 24 other nominees late Wednesday night.
President Barack Obama nominated Jeh Johnson to be the next secretary of the Homeland Security Department. He has no discernible experience working in the homeland security sector.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will examine how the government shutdown is affecting contractors, and what some people are doing to to generate income during these tough economic times.
October 17, 2013
Sen. Kelly Ayotte has ended her hold on President Barack Obama's nominee for Air Force secretary, clearing the way for Senate confirmation of Deborah Lee James.
US officials: Medal of Honor recipient asks Army to bring him back to active duty