Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The GAO's reports evaluates the independence of inspector generals in government.
The ID card hanging around your neck isn't living up to its potential. The Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) cards allow secure entry into federal facilities.
Allen Federal president Larry Allen joins host Mark Amtower to talk a wide range of government procurement issues.
September 19, 2011(Encore presentation October 24, 2011)
On today's Federal Drive: Lawmakers plan to promote structural reforms in the Homeland Security Department through its authorization bill and the Senate Armed Services Committee mulls the numbers of the top ranks of the Defense Department.
GAO says the cost of moving more defense workers to the border will depend on how they are deployed.
A new Government Accountability Office report said the success of using National Guard troops to shore up gaps in Border Patrol personnel will depend on how the troops are deployed.
GAO found four of six governmentwide acquisition contracts ended up with 'excess revenue' for the agency in each of the last four years. GSA's schedules programs earned an extra $62 million a year, while Interior and NASA earned an extra $4.7 million and $1.7 million annually, respectively.
If the Postal Service were a business, it would be facing the equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy. USPS lost $20 billion in last five years, and it is on track to lose more than $6 billion this year. GAO evaluates the state of the Postal Service and what needs to be done in the short-term by Congress.
Cathy Berrick, the managing director for homeland security and justice issues at GAO, joined the Federal Drive to discuss the latest progress report on the agency. This interview is part of Federal News Radio's ongoing coverage of "9/11: A Government Changed."
On today's Federal Drive: DHS celebrates its post-9/11 role and acknowledges the challenges that remain and the government works to keep counterfeit products out of its supply chain.
An assessment of the Department of Homeland Security's transformation since its founding in 2003 finds major operational accomplishments and lingering management challenges. GAO released a status report to mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
The federal government needs to hire 30,000 cybersecurity professionals. But does anybody out there want the jobs? That's what the Government Accountability Office is trying to find out
Host Mark Amtower will talk government acquistion with Jaime Gracia, President and CEO of Seville Government Consulting, and Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller.
August 29, 2011(Encore presentation September 12, 2011)
In the last 20 years, independent evaluations of EPA's labs have turned up operations and management problems, according to the GAO report. EPA also struggles with consolidating its labs.
The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that during the recent Black Hat conference, a cybersecurity researcher demonstrated how he could hack his own insulin pump, and disable it
Subhead: The Defense Department said preparing for an agencywide financial audit by 2017 is a good way to make sure every dollar counts in this budget climate. It is putting resources into training administrators and trying to improve its technology systems.
Janet St. Laurent is the managing director for defense capabilities and management at the General Accountability Office and a Sammies finalist.
David Maurer, director of Homeland Security and Justice Issues at GAO, explains why FPS is out of time and money.
GAO will decide the complaints by Oct. 17. Both companies say GSA's request for proposal is unfair because of its requirement for a government-only cloud.
Today on the Federal Drive: The Defense Intelligence Agency wants to ease the revolving door so it's younger workforce can return if they depart and the GAO rates a Federal Protective Service project poorly.