Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Asif Khan joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent GAO report examining those services' financial-management issues.
Bruce Blank, the energy director of the DLA's bulk petroleum business unit, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the procurement process of a new biofuel contract with the Navy.
Cmdr. Dianna Wolfson is the project superintendent at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard for the USS Newport News Engineered Overhaul, describes tool sharing program that saves time and money.
The Navy is taking a different look at curing post-traumatic stress disorder. A doctor says he has developed an injection for the neck that can cure PTSD, Wired reports. Capt. Anita Hickey, the director of Integrative Pain Medicine at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego has received $100,000 to test Dr. Lipov's method.
The service will reissue two major pieces of the draft RFP for comment. The Navy said it will not release the final RFP before the end of January.
Terry Halvorsen, the chief information officer at the Navy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the Navy's efforts to attract small-business IT contractors.
The faceoff between the Navy Midshipmen and the Army Black Knights is almost here, and the pre-game anticipation has already spread to Twitter.
Rear Adm. Phillip Cullom joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the new step in the Navy's green energy efforts at sea.
After the passage of the 1986 Goldwater-Nichols Act, the Pentagon stopped fighting the Congressional push for the military services to come together. Instead, it innovated joint operations beyond the wildest hopes of reformers in Congress. Can that model be exported to the rest of the federal government?
It took more than four years, but Congress succeeded in revamping the organizational structure of the Pentagon over the strident objections of the military's own leadership 25 years ago.
Winslow Wheeler, director of the Straus Military Reform Project at the Center for Defense Information, says that the latest holdups with the F-35 joint strike fighter program are nothing new. He suggests that it might be time for the DoD to pull the plug on the ill-fated program and seek other solutions.
F-35 Joint Strike Fighter production should slow down a bit, says the program's chief, Navy Vice Adm. David Venlet. Potential airframe cracks and hot spots are showing up on the planes, Reuters reports.
Under Secretary of the Navy Bob Work credits civilian senior executives with providing continuity in achieving his department's mission of supporting warfighters.
Chuck Pfarrer's latest book about the raid to kill Osama bin Laden, SEAL Target Geronimo, has come under target by the White House and the military.
Rear Adm. David Titley, director of task force climate change, examines how changing climate impacts naval operations.
The Navy says its F-35C is different from the F-35A and B because of larger wing surfaces and reinforced landing gear, to hold up under the strain of catapult launches and short landings on aircraft carriers.
The hospital is a merger of the former Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and the Bethesda National Naval Medical Center. The Army moved patients from the Washington facility to the Bethesda campus and a new hospital at Fort Belvoir in Northern Virginia.
For the first time in the memory of any currently-serving member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, all six members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff testified at a single hearing Thursday. Their message: Don't add a seventh.
The use senior mentors — retired military officers or former high-level civilian officials hired as contractors — has dropped precipitously in the year and a half since the Defense Department instituted stiffer conflict-of-interest rules and a pay cap, according to an inspector general's report issued last week.
James VanAntwerp is the winner of the Federal Managers Association's Federal Manager of the year award.