Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Dan Saaty of Decision Lens joins host John Gilroy to discuss how prioritization software can help your agency.
December 13, 2011(Encore presentation December 27, 2011)
The DoD Cyber Command poked and prodded the Army Corps' Los Angeles district's network during a recent Command Cyber Readiness Inspection. Army Corps of Engineers CIO Bob Kazimer said the analysis will give the rest of the agency lessons learned to improve cybersecurity across the Corps.
December 15, 2011
The goal of the revised FIPS-201-2 will detail at a high level how agencies can integrate secure smart cards with mobile devices. NIST is considering five options for making HSPD-12 cards work with tablets and smart phones.
For the past year, the Library of Congress has been working with Twitter in a transfer of the company's entire electronic data set. Library's digital director sees this as a "unique record of our time."
Phil Cirrulli, the chief information officer for the managing and operations contractor for the site, is improving the national lab's infrastructure to support widespread wireless access. He also is shutting down legacy mainframe systems after implementing a new ERP system.
December 1, 2011
Agencies have tons of data but don't always use it wisely. A new report examines how a few agencies are analyzing statistics to reach their goals. The Partnership for Public Service and IBM suggest in their report agencies try the 2002 Oakland A's approach to using statistics to build a winning team.
DISA wants improve its enterprise information visibility for the department's 15,000 unclassified networks by creating an Enterprise Information Web. The semantic Web will allow data to be more easily shared and reused across the department.
Bipartisan legislation introduced in the House today would allow the federal government to share classified cybersecurity threat information with private companies.
Host John Gilroy is joined by CNSI Senior Vice President Shaliesh Patel. They will discuss the challenges in helping citizens get more involved in their own healthcare.
November 29, 2011(Encore presentation December 20, 2011)
Brad Eskind is a principal and federal technology and analytics leader with Deloitte Consulting.
Host John Gilroy is joined by AirPatrol Corporation CTO Tom Kellermann. They will discuss how to control data leakage from mobile devices.
November 22, 2011
Acting CIO Howard Hays said the agency is taking advantage of the work VA is doing to update its systems. Indian Health Services borrows heavily from VA's VistA electronic health records system.
November 17, 2011(Encore presentation December 29, 2011)
Host John Gilroy will talk cloud computing, health IT, and mobile technology with Tracey Graves-Stevens, President and CEO of Innoviss.
November 15, 2011
GPO's Chief Technology Officer Ric Davis talks about launching the agency's first mobile app. Users will be able to access information about members of Congress on their mobile devices.
David Johnson, a senior analyst at Forrester, has been looking at what managers need to do to integrate Apples into their agency's network.
Web 2.0 guru Steve Lunceford, joins host Mark Amtower to talk about how contractors are using, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networking tools.
November 14, 2011
NATO and its members say a network they constructed to tie together the national networks of the various militaries operating in Afghanistan is a success story — except for the fact that the network took eight years to get up and running. But U.S. Defense officials said they have a better understanding for future coalition operations for how best to build such a network.
Host Derrick Dortch will talk about employment verification and reference checking with Jeff Shane, executive vice president of Allison and Taylor.
November 11, 2011(Encore presentation March 23, 2012)
The agency puts employees in pools based on their expertise, and then the employees move from project to project based on the needs of that program. VA now is working on 60 percent more projects than under the previous approach.
November 10, 2011(Encore presentation December 22, 2011)
Farhan Memon was CEO of WikiOrgCharts Social Radius.