Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Market Connections CEO Lisa Dezzutti and Michael Fischetti, executive director of the National Contract Manager's Association will discuss some of the big issues affecting contractors including lowest price, technically acceptable (LPTA).
November 25, 2013
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government Senior Defense analyst Dr. Kevin Brancato will examine how budget cuts will impact the Defense Department's ability to upgrade its aircraft.
November 21, 2013
Carolyn Alston, executive vice president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, discusses a number of contracting issues with host Roger Waldron.
November 19, 2013 (Encore presentation November 26, 2013)
The agency issues a request for quotes to Schedule 70 vendors to provide 10 different software and services.
New data from Govini, a market research firm, finds the number of lowest price, technically acceptable awards doubled from 2009 to 2013. Vendors also are seeing more and more agencies issue solicitations where price is the only or a major evaluation criterion. DoD, civilian agency official acquisition officials say LPTA is one tool in a large toolbox.
American Systems President and CEO Bill Hoover, and Brad Antle, CEO of Salient Federal Solutions, will discuss the challenges facing mid-size contractors in the current federal marketplace.
November 18, 2013
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Liberty Group Ventures President Kiersten Todt will discuss how corporations and the general public are handling the rollout of the cybersecurity framework.
November 13, 2013
Jack Midgley, a director in Deloitte's Global Defense Consulting practice will discuss the findings in the company's recent report on defense spending.
November 12, 2013
The Defense Information Systems Agency said it doesn't expect the demand to be as great as initially thought as it developed a contract worth $450 million.
Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas), chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, and Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.), chairman of the subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency, wrote a letter to DHS Chief Procurement Officer Nick Nayak earlier this week questioning the agency's entire solicitation process.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will examine NIST's preliminary cybersecurity framework, and Google's lobbying efforts.
November 7, 2013
Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group, and chairman of the Coalition for Government Procurement will discuss contract duplication, commerical item acquisition and more.
November 5, 2013
Randy Richter, president and founder of Richter and Company will discuss what contractors can do to grow their businesses in the government market.
November 4, 2013
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: DATA Act substitute minus accountability provisions; OFPP testing prices paid portal
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
The Government Accountability Office upheld the Navy's award to HP of its $3.5 billion Next Generation Enterprise Network contract after two losing bidders protested.
A new interim rule implements a provision of the 2012 Defense Authorization Act requiring the Pentagon to tell vendors before pulling contractor positions back into the government.
Attorneys Thomas Barletta and Paul Hurst from Steptoe and Johnson LLP will discuss the Civil False Claims Act, and what contractors can do to make sure they are delivering the services that the government is paying them to deliver.
October 29, 2013
With the partial government shutdown behind them, members of Congress are working on several bills that impact the federal workforce, including a resolution that supports ending the federal pay freeze and a bill that tackles the claims backlog at Veterans Affairs.
Lee Frederiksen, managing partner of Hinge will discuss how content marketing works.
October 28, 2013