Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
After a rocky start, the Office of Personnel Management says USAJobs.gov, the federal government's jobs portal, is making progress, citing 1.8 million successful log-ins in the last two weeks.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants the government to move toward a share-first policy where agencies share IT before buying new. He also introduced his "Future First" initiative to standardize technology development and adoption across the government. This was VanRoekel's first major policy speech since taking over as CIO in August.
TroopSwap CEO Blake Hall and Vice President of Operations Aaron Tiffany joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to explain how the company is reaching out to military spouses.
Sue Hoppin is founder and president of the National Military Spouse Network.
Making the decision to accept buyout money can change your life for good or bad. Financial and career experts told Federal News Radio the right answer depends on who you are and what you expect and need in life.
Janet Ruck and Karol Taylor, authors of "Find your Federal Job Fit", will talk about the book with host Derrick Dortch.
October 21, 2011(December 30, 2011)
Robyn Kehoe, director of field operations for the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund and Young Government Leaders president Dave Uejio, join Bill Bransford on today's show.
October 21, 2011
Lawmakers charged with reducing the federal deficit should look to contractors' compensation rather than reduce government workers' pay and benefits, a coalition of federal unions and management associations wrote in a letter to supercommittee leaders.
Government Accountability Office employees could face six days of furlough this year as the watchdog agency expects a possible cut of $35 to $42 million in its budget compared with last year.
The Office of Personnel Management is scrambling to buy more server capacity after record traffic overwhelmed the new version of the USAJobs.gov website. OPM Director John Berry said the site now is serving 94 percent of users. But he acknowledged that's "cold comfort for those whose applications aren't getting through." Agency IT staff is working around the clock to fix the problem, he added.
Host Mike Causey will discuss the big issues facing feds with Federal News Radio's Francis Rose, Federal Times editor Steve Watkins and senior reporter Sean Reilly.
October 19, 2011
An Office of Personnel Management spokesperson said 94 percent of users can access the site, while 6 percent may get a message to try back later.
VA will test the use of the ideas in the agency's Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program, according to a VA release.
John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss OPM's new onboarding model. The framework aims to help senior executives transition to new positions more smoothly.
Executives from Deloitte Consulting LLP explain the company's vision for the future of the federal workforce, sharing details from their Fed Cloud plan.
Jeff Neal, the former CHCO at the Homeland Security Department, said the glitches are not structural and are "growing pains" in standing up a large and complex system.
Track recommendations on federal pay, benefits and retirement made to the supercommittee by top Congressional leaders and the White House.
Federal jobseekers are complaining that the new version of the USAJobs.gov website is slow and clunky. The Office of Personnel Management had promised that it would be more streamlined and easier to use than the previous version. It is asking agencies that use the site to recruit to extend their application deadlines while it works out the kinks.
Host Derrick Dortch is joined by ClearanceJobs.com Founder and Director Evan Lesser.
October 21, 2011
Tim McManus, Vice President for Education and Outreach at Partnership for Public Service, recently held a workshop on how to select and hire the best talent.