Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Latest TSP News
|Thrift Savings Plan Ticker|
|Closing price updated at approx 6pm EST. each business day. More at tsp.gov.|
Most federal investors are smart enough to be actively participating in the Thrift Savings Plan, but how much of their biweekly check should they earmark for the federal 401(k) plan? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asked a pro and got some interesting answers.
Host Tammy Flanagan and NITP Benefits Specialist James Marshall will answer the questions that feds need to know when planning for their retirement.
April 18, 2011
Tom Trabucco, director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, talks about rebalancing to keep your financial goals on target.
Host Tammy Flanagan and WellsFargo Vice-President Joseph Sullender discuss the do's and don'ts of retirement planning for federal employees.
April 11, 2011
Given the nonperformance of Congress, federal workers better learn to live with furlough threats. So whether we dodge the bullet or not this time, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a checklist you should clip and save...for the next time.
More and more Thrift Savings Plan participants are wondering how they can protect their hard-saved money from the dangers of the stock market. Ann Vanderslice, the founder of the Federal Benefits Training Network, gives us her thoughts.
The TSP Roth 401(k) option is still an option, but it's going to take a little while longer. The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board has decided to push back the launch of the highly-anticipated program from January 2012 to April.
Does the battle over the debt limit have an impact on the TSP super-safe G fund?
If there is a government shutdown some federal workers have a plan to punish the politicians who caused it. Unfortunately some of their tactics are the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains.
Tom Trabucco, director of external relations for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which RUNS your Thrift Savings Plan, explains what's driving growth in all TSP funds.
With a potential shutdown, feds looking for monetary relief would have to finalize it before operations cease.
Tom Trabucco, the Director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, discusses the likelihood of feds taking out TSP funds in the event of a furlough.
For Your Benefit takes on the following issues this week - long term care, life and disability insurance, investing for the long and short term, and the Thrift Savings Plan.
February 14, 2011
Estimated taxes are due for 2010, but where does your TSP fit into all this? We ask Registered Employee Benefit Consultant Ed Zurndorfer.
Believe it or not, the federal Thrift Savings Plan has more than 100 investors with 7-figure accounts. So, is there a 401k-plan millionaire in the next cubicle...or maybe in your car pool? Mike Causey has the numbers.
If you work for Uncle Sam chances are you know somebody, in fact lots of people, who are investing in the best 401k plan in America. So who is the lucky person? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says look in the mirror, then listen to his Your Turn radio show at 10 a.m. today.
Nearly 10,000 participants received payments, some as much $10,000
Federal benefits expert Tammy Flanagan joins host Mike Causey with details on the Voluntary Contribution Program. They'll discuss how it works, who can join it, and how it would work with a Roth option.
December 15, 2010 (Encore Presentation)
TSP returns were down last month. Pay freeze talk heats up. Certified Financial Planner Arthur Stein offers some advice.
The November numbers for your TSP are out.