Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Sandy Smith, director of Arlington Virginia's BRAC Transition Center, and Sam Phipps, deputy BRAC coordinator for Arlington County will talk about federal transition services.
November 18, 2011(Encore presentation November 25, 2011)
With federal workforces potentially on the budget chopping block, the Office of Personnel Management is extending a helping hand to feds who may find themselves jobless in the near future.
The Office of Personnel Management faces a House subcommittee today to answer questions about its handling of the USAJobs relaunch.
The widespread frustration over the Office of Personnel Management's handling of USAJobs.gov has caught lawmakers' attention. The House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce has invited OPM, government inspectors and Monster, the company that previously ran the federal jobs site, to testify at a hearing Tuesday.
President Barack Obama says veterans of conflicts overseas should not struggle to find work once they return home, and he's urging the House to follow the Senate's lead and do something to help them.
Host Derrick Dortch will talk about employment verification and reference checking with Jeff Shane, executive vice president of Allison and Taylor.
November 11, 2011(Encore presentation March 23, 2012)
Jane Oates, the assistant secretary for the Employment and Training Administration at the Labor Department, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how a new veteran-specific job website works.
Linda Rix, Co-CEO of AVUE Technologies, joins hots Derrick Dortch to talk about the USAJOBS website.
November 4, 2011
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry said the federal jobs website USAJobs.gov is headed in the right direction after a rough debut three weeks ago. OPM has added server capacity and refined features to make the site easier to use. OPM Director John Berry said the agency's response is an example of "government working." But OPM now faces a congressional hearing and public outrage over the botched rollout.
Air Force subtracts 9,000 managerial jobs, while adding 5,900 positions in areas it considers key to its mission.
Tim McManus, Vice President for Education and Outreach at Partnership for Public Service, discusses how students are sharing their experience working for government to recruit the next generation of feds.
Following the troubled launch of the revamped USAJobs.gov, the government's jobs portal, Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), is renewing his call for a private contractor to manage the site. He has also asked Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel to investigate and intervene.
After a rocky start, the Office of Personnel Management says USAJobs.gov, the federal government's jobs portal, is making progress, citing 1.8 million successful log-ins in the last two weeks.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants the government to move toward a share-first policy where agencies share IT before buying new. He also introduced his "Future First" initiative to standardize technology development and adoption across the government. This was VanRoekel's first major policy speech since taking over as CIO in August.
TroopSwap CEO Blake Hall and Vice President of Operations Aaron Tiffany joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to explain how the company is reaching out to military spouses.
Sue Hoppin is founder and president of the National Military Spouse Network.
Making the decision to accept buyout money can change your life for good or bad. Financial and career experts told Federal News Radio the right answer depends on who you are and what you expect and need in life.
Janet Ruck and Karol Taylor, authors of "Find your Federal Job Fit", will talk about the book with host Derrick Dortch.
October 21, 2011(December 30, 2011)
Robyn Kehoe, director of field operations for the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund and Young Government Leaders president Dave Uejio, join Bill Bransford on today's show.
October 21, 2011
Lawmakers charged with reducing the federal deficit should look to contractors' compensation rather than reduce government workers' pay and benefits, a coalition of federal unions and management associations wrote in a letter to supercommittee leaders.