Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Latest TSP News
|Thrift Savings Plan Ticker|
|Closing price updated at approx 6pm EST. each business day. More at tsp.gov.|
Ed Zurndorfer, a registered employee benefit consultant, joined the Federal Drive to discuss federal retirement tips.
Attorney Tom O'Rourke joins host Bob Leins to talk about what you need to do to make sure your estate is in order.
August 15, 2011
Last week, the number of interfund transfers jumped, said Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board.
If you're a typical federal worker, your 401k plan balance is nearly $10,000 higher than your neighbor who doesn't work for Uncle Sam. So how did this happen, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wonders. Are you lucky, smart, or both?
Tom Trabucco, director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, adds some context to how the stock drops will impact your accounts.
Dan Adcock, the legislative director of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association told Federal News Radio that the initial round of budget savings imposed by the debt-limit deal is only the first round of possible cuts to agencies and federal pay and benefits.
Federal News Radio's Senior Correspondent Mike Causey joins hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan to discuss potential changes to your federal retirement benefits.
August 1, 2011
Greg Long, the executive director of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which oversees federal employees' TSP, reassured a House subcommittee that failure to raise the debt ceiling would not affect investments to the G Fund. Because of a 1987 law, even when the Treasury Department stops issuing securities, investors are protected.
The Defense Business Board has proposed major changes to military retirement by transitioning from its cliff-vesting system to a system of yearly retirement contributions deposited into the TSP.
Host Bob Leins is joined by Schaeffer Financial co-founder Karen Schaeffer. They talk about the debt crisis from a financial planner's point of view.
July 25, 2011
Tom Trabucco, the director of External Affairs at the Thrift Savings Plan, gave Federal News Radio an update on TSP's automatic enrollment plan.
Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, discussed the pros and cons of cashing out a TSP and what to think about when buying an annuity from a private company.
The Thrift Savings Plan is often lauded as the best retirement plan in the country. But there's still some confusion about who's eligible for the TSP and how it works.
Table of TSP June returns.
Giving up small purchases on a daily basis can mean big savings for your retirement, according to Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board.
Someday you'll want to take money out of your TSP. Federal News Radio's Francis Rose spoke with Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, for tips on reversing the flow of cash.
Fiddling around with your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account too much could hurt your wallet. Federal News Radio spoke with Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, about problems that could arise.
NITP presenters Bob Braunstein and James Marshall will answer your questions about Social Security, the TSP, and other federal benefits programs.
May 23, 2011
Host Debra Roth is joined by Federal News Radio's Mike Causey, NARFE Legislative Director Dan Adcock, and World at Work's Lenny Sanicola to talk about pending legislation in Congress that would change retirement benefits for federal workers.
May 20, 2011
NARFE legislative director Dan Adcock, Federal Times editor Steve Watkins and senior reporter Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about legislation pending in Congress that affects your pay and retirement benefits.
May 18, 2011