Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development have partnered to conduct a more thorough analysis of the nation's homeless veteran population. The agencies said the new data will allow them to get the right services to the vets who need them.
The National Institute of Government Procurement is proposing professional guidelines for the public procurement field.
IDEO's Fred Dust discusses some of the findings from its government innovation report conducted with the Partnership for Public Service.
Laura Godfrey, manager of GoviernoUSA.gov, explains best practices for reaching out to Latinos online.
The Center for American Progress' Jitinder Kohli shares the center's new report on how to design successful government programs.
The Center for American Progress' Jitinder Kohli explains how he helped the initiative to cut billions in the U.K. government.
Sure, Johnny Fed can read, but if it's not written clearly, there's room for misunderstanding. The Center for Plain Language's Dr. Annetta Cheek, tells us about this year's awards for writing.
When it comes to Conficker, what are the lessons learned and how can the public and private sectors work together to defeat it? We ask Neustar's Rod Joffe.
The Defense Department's leader of business process reform said Friday that she's hopeful the Government Accountability Office will remove one of DoD's high risk areas from its biennial list of government trouble spots. GAO is expected to issue the list within the next several weeks.
Part of "The Need for the Next Generation" special report, GAO explains how the watchdog agency re-imagined its brand and recruiting methods to become a highly competitive agency for young people to work for.
The city of Copenhagen's Tine Malm shares how the idea map allows citizens to offers suggestions to the local government.
Bill Taylor, author of Practically Radical, explains how to bring innovative ideas to the workplace.
CDW-G's Andy Lausch discusses the findings of a report on green government initiative metrics for IT.
Agencies spend significant time and resources recruiting and training top talent but a new study warns that many are ignoring the other crucial side of the equation - keeping those employees. Booz Allen's Ron Sanders explains.
As DISA heads north for the Maryland border, we get an update from Director for Manpower, Personnel and Security, Jack Penkoske.
A new report warns that agencies need to focus on employee retention as Congress threatens pay and hiring freezes. Agency leaders and line managers must work together to maintain their workforces.
With the new database available in March, consumers can easily go online to SaferProducts.gov and report a complaint about an unsafe product or conduct a background check on a product's safety by examining reports of consumers' complaints. We get details from CPSC's Scott Wolfson.
The most serious problem facing taxpayers and the IRS is a shared one. Taxpayer advocate Nina Olson has details.