Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Latisys CEO Peter Stevenson explains how his company can help your agency or business move to the cloud.
April 3, 2012
Center CIO Mike Bolger said encrypting laptops and implementing logical access are among his top priorities in 2012. Kennedy Space Center also is exploring how to let employees using their personal smartphones or tablet computers on the network.
March 29, 2012
Former Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra will talk about what he's doing now, and some of the things he accomplished as CIO.
March 27, 2012
The military's chief information officer, Teri Takai, said after the Army completes its migration to DISA's email-as-a-service, the Air Force will be next. She said the Navy also is in discussions to move to the cloud. DoD soon will release a new cloud computing strategy and standards guide for industry.
March 22, 2012(Encore presentation April 19, 2012)
Kerry McDermott, senior policy director at WestHealth Policy Center will discuss a wide range of healthcare issues, with host John Gilroy.
March 20, 2012(Encore presentation May 22, 2012)
A Virginia company is trying to revive its plan for a national high-speed wireless network, arguing that it can address federal regulators' concerns over interference with GPS devices.
Agency CIO Robert Osborn is improving the network and cybersecurity. He said the cloud of clouds approach gives the National Nuclear Security Administration the security and flexibility they need to meet their mission.
March 15, 2012
Greystones Group CEO Sheila Duffy and Mary-Sara Camerino, director of Technology Services, explain how their company can help you with your agile and open source software needs.
March 13, 2012
Adm. Robert Day, the service's CIO, said he wants to consolidate data centers, recompete their HR system and better utilize smartphone and tablet devices. The Coast Guard also will begin deploying long-awaited C4 capabilities in 2012.
March 8, 2012
Tony Trenkle, chief information officer and director of the Office of Information Services at the Centers for Medicar and Medicaid Services talks about the IT challenges at his agency.
March 6, 2012
Eight Republican lawmakers on Thursday introduced an alternative to a comprehensive cybersecurity bill the Senate expects to vote on soon. GOP senators say their approach avoids additional bureaucracy and encourages information sharing.
Tony Ayaz, vice president of Federal for Splunk, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you manage your log files.
February 28, 2012
After a decade of unsuccessful attempts, including the Justice Department's Integrated Wireless Network, the Homeland Security Department wants to leap forward with technology by using commercial 4G networks to connect law enforcement agencies. DHS created a joint program office to lead the effort. The approach is part of OMB's shared services initiative for agencies to work together on big programs.
The space agency's CIO Linda Cureton said the I3P contracts are helping NASA stay on pace as technology matures. The agency already is seeing benefits from the three awards made in 2011.
February 23, 2012
Host John Gilroy will talk fraud prevention with Larry Benson, director of Strategic Alliances at LexisNexis Risk Solutions.
February 21, 2012
Geographer Michael Byrne works with the FCC chief data officer on deciding how the agency collects, uses and disseminates data. He spoke with The Federal Drive with Tom Temin Friday.
DHS officials said they're only monitoring Twitter and Facebook to get situational awareness of the homeland security situation. Congress seems unconvinced. Privacy group wants lawmakers to take action to stop DHS.
Brand Niemann, the former senior enterprise architect and data scientist at the Environmental Protection Agency, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the similarity between the new shared-services strategy and an older plan known as service-oriented architecture.
The Enterprise Management Decision Support pulls data from 18 different databases to help senior leaders understand the state of divisions, brigades or battalions. Lt. Col. Bobby Saxon said the system helped cut down the time it takes to collect this data by 90 percent.
February 16, 2012(Encore presentation April 12, 2012)
Cloudera CEO Mike Olson joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with big data.
February 14, 2012