Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Jon Etherton, president of Etherton and Associates, Inc., will discuss whether Congress will pass acquisition reform this year.
February 25, 2014
B2B social media guru Paul Gillin will discuss leveraging social media for corporate growth.
February 24, 2014
The first of two contracts letting agencies buy complex professional services kicked off with awards going to 123 small businesses.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will examine how the harsh winter weather is affecting housing starts in the U.S.
February 20, 2014
The Pentagon leverages the buying power of 2.6 million DoD personnel in the Air Force, Army and Defense Information Systems Agency in signing joint enterprise license agreement with CDW-G.
DHS ICE issued a solicitation looking for a vendor to provide technology to let law enforcement officers hook into the National License Plate Recognition Database.
Steve Schooner, Nash & Cibinic Professor of Government Procurement Law at The George Washington University Law School, provides his "Year in Review" highlighting key trends, events and personalities (legacies) of 2013.
February 11, 2014 (This is an encore presentation. This show originally aired January 14, 2014.)
Navy officials said Friday that a bid protest to the new Next Generation Enterprise Network contract played a part in once again delaying the transition away from the Navy Marine Corps Intranet, which has been outsourced to an outside vendor for more than a decade.
The Office of Personnel Management told contractors last week that the solicitation under the Customized Human Resources Solutions Services initiative would be withdrawn and a new one would be released in the coming months. OPM says the government's training and management assistance needs changed and the current RFP wouldn't meet them.
Evan Lesser, co-founder and managing director of ClearanceJobs.com, will give his take on the State of the Union's impact on federal hiring in 2014.
February 7, 2014 (Encore presentation February 14, 2014)
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts and guests participate in a panel discussion of America's deteriorating infrastructure.
February 6, 2014
Experts offer advice to small firms at the AFCEA NOVA event Tuesday to prosper in the federal marketplace.
Van Hitch, senior advisor for Deloitte's Federal Practice, and former Justice Department CIO, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about how cloud computing, mobile technology, and other IT advances can help your agency become more efficient.
February 4, 2014
The Government Accountability Office Monday denied the protest of ICF International, saying DHS' "evaluation was reasonable and in accord with the terms of the solicitation."
The House Oversight Committee is looking into Navy contracting practices amid a widening federal probe into a multimillion-dollar bribery scheme involving a Singapore-based defense contractor accused of offering prostitution services and pricey vacations to Navy officers.
GSA expects to make as many as 21 awards under the contract, which is estimated to be worth $1.25 billion over five years.
Barbara Humpton, senior vice president of Business Development for Siemens Government Technologies, will discuss where the federal market is headed and other issues.
January 28, 2014
Obama to sign order increasing minimum wage for new federal contracts to $10.10 an hour
OPM Director Katherine Archuleta called Justice's case an "egregious violation of the public trust." OPM has taken steps to reform and improve the oversight of the security clearance system to prevent future "dumping" of cases.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss cuts made by Congress to the defense budget, and the winners and losers in this budget battle.
January 23, 2014