Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Office of Personnel Management told contractors last week that the solicitation under the Customized Human Resources Solutions Services initiative would be withdrawn and a new one would be released in the coming months. OPM says the government's training and management assistance needs changed and the current RFP wouldn't meet them.
Evan Lesser, co-founder and managing director of ClearanceJobs.com, will give his take on the State of the Union's impact on federal hiring in 2014.
February 7, 2014 (Encore presentation February 14, 2014)
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts and guests participate in a panel discussion of America's deteriorating infrastructure.
February 6, 2014
Experts offer advice to small firms at the AFCEA NOVA event Tuesday to prosper in the federal marketplace.
Van Hitch, senior advisor for Deloitte's Federal Practice, and former Justice Department CIO, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about how cloud computing, mobile technology, and other IT advances can help your agency become more efficient.
February 4, 2014
The Government Accountability Office Monday denied the protest of ICF International, saying DHS' "evaluation was reasonable and in accord with the terms of the solicitation."
The House Oversight Committee is looking into Navy contracting practices amid a widening federal probe into a multimillion-dollar bribery scheme involving a Singapore-based defense contractor accused of offering prostitution services and pricey vacations to Navy officers.
GSA expects to make as many as 21 awards under the contract, which is estimated to be worth $1.25 billion over five years.
Barbara Humpton, senior vice president of Business Development for Siemens Government Technologies, will discuss where the federal market is headed and other issues.
January 28, 2014
Obama to sign order increasing minimum wage for new federal contracts to $10.10 an hour
OPM Director Katherine Archuleta called Justice's case an "egregious violation of the public trust." OPM has taken steps to reform and improve the oversight of the security clearance system to prevent future "dumping" of cases.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss cuts made by Congress to the defense budget, and the winners and losers in this budget battle.
January 23, 2014
Peter Andrejev, principal in Booz Allen Hamilton's Strategic Innovations Group, discusses acquisition management and the implementation of complex systems.
January 21, 2014
Business development expert Bob Davis will discuss the marketing obstacles that many small to mid-size contractors face.
January 20, 2014 (Encore presentation January 27, 2014 & February 3, 2014)
GSA launches a new social media site to gather industry and agency feedback on how to improve one of the most successful GWACs ever.
Joe Jordan, the administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, is leaving the administration Friday after working five years in assorted senior contracting manager positions. He said agencies are using strategic sourcing, reducing spending and receiving more competition.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will discuss democrat and republican plans to spur job growth, and why some companies are lagging behind in implementing the cybersecurity framework.
January 16, 2014
Steve Schooner, Nash & Cibinic Professor of Government Procurement Law at The George Washington University Law School, provides his "Year in Review" highlighting key trends, events and personalities (legacies) of 2013.
January 14, 2014
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller joins host Mark Amtower to talk about a number of Federal IT issues.
January 13, 2014
John Palatiello of the Business Coalition for Fair Competition told Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp the government is blurring the definition of what is "inherently governmental."