Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Frank Baitman, the HHS chief information officer, said the agency will move its HR systems to a shared services provider in the coming year. He said HHS also will issue a solicitation for cloud services in 2013.
November 15, 2012
MarkLogic's Jon Bakke and Rick Miller will talk about how their company can help your agency handle large data sets.
November 13, 2012
Mark Ryland, chief solutions architect with Amazon Web Services joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help your agency transition to the cloud.
November 6, 2012
Terry Edwards, the director of the Office of the Chief Systems Engineer and chief information officer for the assistant secretary for acquisition, logistics and technology, said his office helps acquire technology and ensure standards are met.
November 1, 2012(Encore presentation December 27, 2012)
Accenture's Marcia DeFalco and Rod Benson from
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney, will talk about an upcoming event that focuses on reducing Healthcare IT costs.
October 30, 2012
Agencies have identified 98 opportunities where they can save real money by consolidating IT systems or by implementing better buying processes. In an exclusive interview, federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said most fall in the commodity IT areas of email, servers and other areas where agencies tend to spend a lot of money for IT.
The Office of Management and Budget said the PortfolioStat tool helped agencies find duplicative technology costs and opportunities to buy in bulk. Acting OMB Director Jeff Zients wrote in a blog post agencies listed 98 opportunities for savings.
Satisfaction with federal e-government sites remained high throughout most of 2012, according to a quarterly report from ForeSee and the American Customer Satisfaction Index. On a 100-point scale, customer satisfaction with federal websites now sits at 75.3. That's actually down slightly from last quarter, which had set an all-time high, according to the latest report.
Agency CIO Tony Trenkle said CMS is building the foundation for four enterprisewide applications, including identity management and an enterprise portal.
October 18, 2012
Tim White, global head for Government and Intelligence at YarcData, joins host John Gilroy to discuss how to solve the big data issues plaguing your organization.
October 16, 2012
Al Tarasiuk, the chief information officer for ODNI and for the intelligence community, said the IC-IT Enterprise strategy is centralizing technology services across the 17 agencies.
October 11, 2012(Encore presentation November 22, 2012)
Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Governor will talk about a survey conducted by the center.
October 9, 2012
Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government discusses a survey that the company conducted on collaboration.
October 9, 2012
The Indian Health Service is using the success of the Veterans Affairs e-health record program to update its own systems. IHS Acting Chief Information Officer Howard Hays spoke to Federal News Radio's Agency of the Month show about the upgrade.
Rudy Mazariegos, ARL's acting chief information
officer, said he's implementing the ITIL
framework to help bring more discipline to the
October 4, 2012
As service transitions to Air Force and DoD enterprise IT models, defining what technology services should be shared is still on the to-do list. The service's AFNet program is the umbrella effort to centrally-manage many commodity IT functions.
Three agencies launched the Big Data Challenge Wednesday asking for ideas to bring together disparate data sets that help agencies meet their missions better. The contest is part of the administration's national big data development effort. The TechAmerica Foundation also released a new report to help agencies understand and use information more effectively.
Greg Wappel, vice president for Business Development for Adeptus Solution, Inc., will discuss patient claims processing and other healthcare IT issues.
October 2, 2012
Dave Waltermire, security automation architect, Computer Security Division, at NIST, will talk about the upcoming conference and security automaton.
September 25, 2012
Dr. Emma Garrison-Alexander, TSA's chief information officer, said the goal is to make sure employees have the right device to match up with their mission requirements.
September 20, 2012