Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
GAO reviewed the administration's implementation of the July 2010 memo calling for a government-wide review of financial management projects. Auditors found about half of the projects said there was no change in cost and three-quarters said their schedule remained the same.
Gladys Commons, assistant secretary of the Navy for financial management and comptroller, said the Navy hopes to have its Statement of Budgetary Resources audit-ready by the end of 2013, ahead of the Defense Department's deadline.
Lou Dixon, the principal assistant inspector general for auditing and evaluation at the Office of the Inspector General for the Transportation Department, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent IG report on how FAA reported jobs data under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
The Government Accountability Office recently reported on 51 areas in which the federal government could cut, streamline, or otherwise reduce duplication. Comptroller General Gene Dodaro joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the report.
DOD officials have announced their plan for a proposed $614 billion budget in Fiscal Year 13 - and planned spending reductions of $487 billion over a decade. What is the impact on the New Defense Strategy moving forward? Hear the latest insights from former National Security Advisor, General Jim Jones, USMC (Ret), General Chuck Wald, and former Chairman of the House Government Reform Committee, the Honorable Tom Davis.
Jon Blum, the deputy administrator and director for the Center of Medicare at CMS, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the agency's new goal of stopping $370 million in improper payments.
A check-up of how well the Homeland Security Department is unifying its 22 agencies finds the patient getting better, but still weak. The House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations and Management examined the agency's acquisition, human resources and financial management systems. While DHS has a roadmap for improvement, it may not have the tools to implement it.
Al Tucker, the executive director of the American Society of Military Comptrollers, joined Pentagon Solutions for an hour-long discussion of the Defense Department's accounting, budget and financial matters.
Gary Engel, GAO's director of financial management, says the Treasury Department's Office of Financial Stability, which implements TARP, still needs to establish a mechanism for effective implementation of its review and approval process for preparing its financial statements.
Carolyn Yocom is the director in GAO's health care practice.
Host John Gilroy will talk fraud prevention with Larry Benson, director of Strategic Alliances at LexisNexis Risk Solutions.
February 21, 2012
The federal government could save $4.4 billion over the next three decades by phasing out the $1 bill with a $1 coin, according to a new Government Accountability Office report. But the cost estimates for the first 10 years actually spell a loss for the government to the tune of $531 million.
Danny Werfel, controller at the Office of Management and Budget, spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin from the Association of Government Accountants National Leadership conference, where he'll deliver a report on federal finance.
The tough federal budget picture is on the minds of lots of people there. Doug Webster, former chief financial officer at the Labor Department and now a partner at CSC, knows how to do that better than most government financial leaders. In 2004, he helped Iraq's new transportation ministry set up and run its billion-dollar budget.
A look at the discretionary budget authority for Cabinet-level agencies from 2008-2013.
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins, Senior Writer Sean Reilly,and NARFE Legislative Director Julie Tagen will discuss how government employees will be affected by proposed cuts to the federal budget.
February 15, 2012
Beryl Davis, the director of financial management and assurance issues at GAO, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the findings of a recent report detailing how agencies cut improper payments.
Anne Reed, the chairman of the board of ASI Government, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the 2013 budget request and its impact on technology and financial management.
The Treasury Department and Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board are preparing to expand the use of new software and analytical applications this year. OMB Controller Danny Werfel said agency progress is coming along, but needs help from Congress to make it easier to share information among agencies.
Hear firsthand from Dr. Mwendwa Mwenesi and Dr. Michael Cowan how mHealth is providing accessibility and affordability in global healthcare.