Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
OMB highlights successes of 25-point strategy on its 18-month anniversary. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies saved $100 million from moving email to the cloud. There now are more than 1,000 qualified program managers in the new job series. The IT reform plan helps institute culture change from CIOs on down.
June 7, 2012(Encore presentation July 5, 2012)
Jeff Ait, director of Public Sector for Good Technology will talk about how his company can help you manage the mobile phones and tablets at your agency.
June 5, 2012
CIO Adrian Gardner said he will pilot the technology this summer. VDI also will help with foreign nationals who need access to some of the space agency's data for collaborative projects. Gardner said the Innovations program is looking other leading-edge software.
CIO Lt. Gen. Susan Lawrence said better systems at posts, camps and stations will let soldiers train on the same equipment as they use in the field. The move to the cloud, data center consolidation and enterprise email are pushing the Army toward a data-centric approach.
May 31, 2012
In an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, Gwynne Kostin, who heads the new Digital Services Innovation Center, said the goals will require each agency to "get their feet wet in this space" and show progress in making services available through the web and consolidating websites.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said the new documents met three of five action items that agency technology managers developed last winter. OMB received buy-in not only from CIOs, but CFOs, CAOs and CHCOs before finalizing the plans.
The administration will release its Digital Management Strategy today that details 29 goals with deadlines over the next 12 months. OMB wants to set up a FedRAMP-like process for mobile, open a new Digital Innovation Center run by GSA and require the use of APIs.
Google has completed its $12.5 billion purchase of device maker Motorola Mobility in a deal that poses new challenges for the Internet's most powerful company as it tries to shape the future of mobile computing.
CIO Tommy Hwang said the agency is receiving more documents electronically from agencies and law firms than ever before. He also is moving the email system to the cloud and developing a BYOD policy.
May 17, 2012(Encore presentation June 28, 2012)
National Defense University's Dr. Paulette Robinson will talk about the upcoming "Inspire the Future" conference in Washington D.C.
May 11, 2012
The BEN Enterprise brings together the Treasury Department bureau's data about finances, procurement and printing. Now Peter Johnson, BEP's chief information officer, wants to add business and analytics tools.
May 10, 2012
Tom Simmons, area vice president for Citrix, details the tools provided by his company to help you manage virtualization in a more effective manner.
May 8, 2012
The Telework Exchange released a report last week saying that feds who participated in the 2012 Telework Week saved more than $5.6 million. The report not only showed a greater adoption of teleworking, but that feds were leading the way.
Chuck Riddle, the Government Printing Office's chief information officer, said he's focused on innovation around five areas. The agency is piloting several new technologies, including mobile apps and a virtual desktop.
May 3, 2012
The report said cybersecurity contributed to some CIOs' reluctance to adopt mobility and cloud computing initiatives.
Panelists at Wednesday's Telework Town Hall Meeting said the technology is there to make the federal workforce more mobile.
CIO Del Brockett said he's taking a two-pronged approach to provide better service to employees and the public. He said innovation through pilots with the labs show the value of emerging technologies.
April 26, 2012
Chris Hummel, the president of Siemens Enterprise Communications North America and the global chief marketing officer, sat down with Francis Rose on Industry Chatter to discuss some trends in mobile technology and mobility at federal agencies.
The results of a ForeSee poll also show one-third of the 40 federal websites surveyed already have launched mobile initiatives.
Sunlight Foundation Policy Counsel Daniel Schuman is leading the campaign to improve the Library of Congress website that reports congressional data.