Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Federal Communications Commission launched a website this month that allows users to create a personalized dashboard to more easily access information.
Kathleen S. Tighe, the inspector general of the Department of education, will succeed Earl Devaney as chairman of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board. She will oversee the board's final 21 months, as Recovery process winds down.
New report from the .gov Reform Task Force shows agencies run more than 440 inactive websites, few measure performance consistently and there are few standards for how to design the sites. In the survey of the 56 largest agencies, the task force found Treasury has the most domains and NASA has the most public facing websites.
John Wonderlich of the Sunlight Foundation talks about his organization's review of the Open Government Directive. How well have agencies complied with mandate?
Dan Saaty of Decision Lens joins host John Gilroy to discuss how prioritization software can help your agency.
December 13, 2011(Encore presentation December 27, 2011)
The DoD Cyber Command poked and prodded the Army Corps' Los Angeles district's network during a recent Command Cyber Readiness Inspection. Army Corps of Engineers CIO Bob Kazimer said the analysis will give the rest of the agency lessons learned to improve cybersecurity across the Corps.
December 15, 2011
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel explains the new worldwide transparency drive called the Open Government Partnership.
General Services Administration names winners in contest that challenged videographers to answer questions like how do you let the government know you're moving and how do you obtain a Social Security card?
Phil Cirrulli, the chief information officer for the managing and operations contractor for the site, is improving the national lab's infrastructure to support widespread wireless access. He also is shutting down legacy mainframe systems after implementing a new ERP system.
December 1, 2011
How exactly does an agency store a tweet? And how do agencies know when the latest 140-character mini-message rises to the level of a permanently valuable historical record? A new Presidential memo tasks the National Archives and Records Administration with answer these social-media stumpers.
Host John Gilroy is joined by AirPatrol Corporation CTO Tom Kellermann. They will discuss how to control data leakage from mobile devices.
November 22, 2011
Acting CIO Howard Hays said the agency is taking advantage of the work VA is doing to update its systems. Indian Health Services borrows heavily from VA's VistA electronic health records system.
November 17, 2011(Encore presentation December 29, 2011)
Host John Gilroy will talk cloud computing, health IT, and mobile technology with Tracey Graves-Stevens, President and CEO of Innoviss.
November 15, 2011
Web 2.0 guru Steve Lunceford, joins host Mark Amtower to talk about how contractors are using, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networking tools.
November 14, 2011
The agency puts employees in pools based on their expertise, and then the employees move from project to project based on the needs of that program. VA now is working on 60 percent more projects than under the previous approach.
November 10, 2011(Encore presentation December 22, 2011)
Darren Ash, deputy executive director of corporate management at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, will talk about how the agency is using youtube and other social media.
November 8, 2011
Linda Rix, Co-CEO of AVUE Technologies, joins hots Derrick Dortch to talk about the USAJOBS website.
November 4, 2011
Netuitive Vice President Daniel Heimlich joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you move to the cloud.
November 1, 2011
Micro Focus' Tod Thompkins, joins host John Gilroy to talk about launching and maintaining complex IT systems, in the age of austerity.
October 25, 2011
Mark Amtower, host of Federal News Radio's "Amtower Off Center," explains how you can leverage that use to reach agencies.