Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Latest TSP News
|Thrift Savings Plan Ticker|
|Closing price updated at approx 6pm EST. each business day. More at tsp.gov.|
The provision — part of a larger transportation bill — would allow retiring federal employees to put their unused annual leave toward their TSP.
The House bill — H.R.3813 — would require federal workers to contribute 1.5 percent more of their salaries toward retirement over three years and end a supplemental payment for early retirees under the Federal Employee Retirement System.
You've got some thinking to do about your investments. The people who manage your Thrift Savings Plan have published draft rules for a Roth option that would let you put in after-tax money.
The rollout of the Roth option for the Thrift Savings Plan, which would allow federal employees to invest already-taxed income, has long been discussed in the federal pay-and-benefits world. That launch moved another step closer, with the planned publication Wednesday of draft regulations in the Federal Register. And TSP participants will soon have more information about what the plan will look like.
The Thrift Savings Plan has hit an eye-popping milestone. The Thrift Savings Fund balance — the total invested across the TSP's 4.5 million accounts — climbed to $302.1 billion by the end of January, Tom Trabucco, the director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, told In Depth with Francis Rose.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs for Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, and Federal Times senior writer Stephen Losey.
February 1, 2012
Thanks largely to transfusions from outside retirement plans, Uncle Sam now has 208 employees with million-dollar Thrift Savings Plan accounts, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says,and there's at least one person whose 401(k) plan is worth more than $4 million.
Tom Trabucco, joined In Depth with Francis Rose for an interview on all things TSP.
Federal News Radio's Senior Correspondent Mike Causey joins hosts Bob Leins and John Elliot to talk about the big issues affecting federal workers.
January 23, 2012
Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the "three-legged stool" of federal retirement, the ballpark-estimate calculator and how it works.
The board that oversees the Thrift Savings Plan is reminding federal employees that their G Fund investments are safe — even if the government reaches the debt ceiling and cannot issue new securities to the G fund.
Hosts Tammy Flanagan and Bob Leins answer your questions about what you need to do if you are planning to retire this year.
January 16, 2012
Tom Trabucco, the director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which oversees the TSP, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the timeline for tax season feds need to know.
Tom Trabucco, the director of external affairs at the FRTIB joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the year in TSP.
Host Mike Causey will talk about the Thrift Savings Plan with Tom Trabucco, director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. Also on the show - CBS Moneywatch's Allan Roth.
December 21, 2011
Do you know any well-endowed feds? You know — people who have more than it takes? So how did they get that way? Check out Mike Causey's Federal Report and learn the secrets of the masters.
Julie Tagen, legislative director for the National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees, told Federal News Radio that certain provisions in the bill would affect federal employees.
Tom Trabucco, the director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the year in TSP news and what to consider for next year.
Is Uncle Sam protecting you, or ripping you off, by limiting your TSP fund choices? The answer depends on whom you ask, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Tom Trabucco, the Director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, discussed managing risk in the TSP on In Depth with Francis Rose. He said one of the strengths of the TSP is its diversity of investment options.