Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will examine the impact of the 340B Drug program on so-called "safety-net" hospitals, and how the government shutdown has affected the economy.
October 24, 2013
Financial planner Arthur Stein will discuss what you can do to protect your assets in the event of another government shutdown, and Sean Reilly will talk about the possibility of another shutdown, and what's ahead for feds.
October 23, 2013
Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group, and chairman of the Coalition for Government Procurement will discuss contract duplication, commerical item acquisition and more.
October 22, 2013
Jenny Mattingly, hosts a rountable discussion of the government shutdown and its impact on feds.
October 18, 2013
Host Derrick Dortch talks about the recent government shutdown with Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies.
October 18, 2013 (Encore presentation October 25, 2013)
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Acquisition, IT trends; Is cybersecurity awareness month still necessary?
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts will examine how the government shutdown is affecting contractors, and what some people are doing to to generate income during these tough economic times.
October 17, 2013
Federal employees are reporting back to work Thursday, and they will receive back pay from the shutdown in their next paycheck. But what about contractors? The situation is not so crystal clear.
NARFE's Jessica Klement and Federal Times senior writer Sean Reilly will talk about the government shutdown and its impact.
October 16, 2013
Govini, a market analysis and research firm, found agencies amended slightly more acquisitions this year as compared to last year -- 2.6 percent compared to 2 percent. But the average delay in 2013 compared to 2012 was 11 days longer -- 15 days compared to four days.
Many small and large businesses are turning to cash reserves to pay bills, including employee salaries, as the government stops processing invoices. There could be a silver lining for some, as the government may be liable for the cost of a shutdown-related stop work order under specific types of contracts.
Bloomberg Government's Chris Payne and Cameron Leuthy will talk about the government shutdown and how it is affecting contracting and agency missions.
October 15, 2013
While furloughed federal employees can hang onto the hope Congress will authorize backpay once the shutdown ends, government contractors will likely face the reality of lost wages and revenue.
Evan Lesser, founder and director of Clearance Jobs.com, will discuss the impact of the government shutdown on contractors and employees with security clearances.
October 11, 2013
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss how the debt limit and furloughs are affecting the economy, and how a case being reviewed by the Supreme Court, could impact future elections.
October 10, 2013
Government contractors have not been immune from the effects of the shutdown. From a flurry of stop-work orders to a heightened — some say "cutthroat" — sense of competition in contracts that have, so far, been unaffected by the shutdown. Top experts from the procurement realm address some of the effects and challenges of the shutdown.
Certified financial planner Arthur Stein will provide tips on how to protect your retirement nest egg, and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly will give us the latest on the government shutdown.
October 9, 2013
Jack Midgley, a director in Deloitte's Global Defense Consulting practice will discuss the findings in the company's recent report on defense spending.
October 8, 2013
Monica Mayk Parham, marketing director for Market Communications and Joyce Bosc, president and owner of Boscobel Marketing Communications, will discuss how budget constraints and travel restrictions are affecting attendence at government events.
October 7, 2013
Greg Long, executive director of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, and Kim Weaver, the TSP's director of External Affairs will answer your calls and emails about the TSP.
October 7, 2013