Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
This is an archive page for Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact radio show. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explored the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
The State of the Union
Thursday - 1/30/2014, 9:04pm EST
- "This could be a breakthrough year for America" according to President Obama as he outlined plans for the future in his latest State of the Union Address. The question on everyone's mind is whether he was able to get his point across. Will the flexing of his executive pen push Congress to work together in the new year, or will there be more dis-chord on Capital Hill? Dr's Nela Richardson and Christoper Payne dissect what the President said and explain what it truly means, on this weeks Capital Impact.
- "It's not that I ever thought flying was environmentally harmless, but I'd never appreciated the magnitude of its destructiveness." Just how destructive? Bloomberg View Columnist Megan McCardle explains in her article "Air Travel is Worse Than a Hummer with Wings".
(Links above require a subscription to BGov.com.)
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Nela Richardson is an economic analyst with Bloomberg Government. She was a research economist at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission before joining Bloomberg. Richardson was also a senior economist at Freddie Mac, a researcher at Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies, and an adjunct professor of finance at Johns Hopkins. Richardson has a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Maryland, a M.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, and a B.A. from Indiana University.|
||Christopher Payne is an economic analyst with Bloomberg Government. Payne worked as a CPA at PricewaterhouseCoopers and was a vice president at JPMorgan Securities covering Asian emerging markets. Before joining Bloomberg, he worked as a research fellow at Duke University. Payne earned his master's and Ph.D. at the London School of Economics, and has a B.A. from Cambridge University.|
||Megan McArdle is a Bloomberg View columnist who writes on economics, business and public policy looking at the latest news, research and market trends and engaging with the biggest questions of the day. Her book, "The Up Side of Down," will be published by Viking in February 2014.|